Saxaphone vs. Trumpet...Which do you prefer?

It’s not the first time I’ve thought about it, but it came up again last night as I was listening to Quintessence volume 2, Stan Getz and Chet Baker recorded live. (an amazing disc) I have to say that for myself, I prefer the saxophone because it seems capable of infinite textures and subtle shadings as well as eye opening dynamic shifts. Of course I love the trumpet too; especially in the hands of a player like Chet Baker.

128x128roxy54
Sax, Trombone, Trumpet - in Jazz.
If this was Classical, I think that the French horn is without a doubt, the most underappreciated instrument in an orchestra.

(yeah, I'm trolling, but it's in fun and actually related to music - :D )
sleepwalker65,
I am pretty sure that on one of their albums, a credit was given to Bruce Botnick for "occasional bass". I am aware of course that they didn't have a regular bass player.
the doors did not have a bass player in live performance (Manzarek played the bass parts on, not his cheesy Farfisa organ, but on the almost-as-cheesy Fender Keyboard Bass which sat atop his organ. Live, it sounded somewhat like a child’s toy version of the Rhodes electric piano), but they absolutely did in their recordings (not all---Manzarek did play that horrid Keyboard Bass on some of their songs.). Uncredited on the albums of course, but subsequently identified. A number of them, infact.