Saxaphone vs. Trumpet...Which do you prefer?

It’s not the first time I’ve thought about it, but it came up again last night as I was listening to Quintessence volume 2, Stan Getz and Chet Baker recorded live. (an amazing disc) I have to say that for myself, I prefer the saxophone because it seems capable of infinite textures and subtle shadings as well as eye opening dynamic shifts. Of course I love the trumpet too; especially in the hands of a player like Chet Baker.

128x128roxy54

@roxy54, Bruce Botnick was the recording engineer on the doors (I’m spelling it as they did---with a lower case d, as homage to e e Cummings, I believe. Yes, Morrison was a tad pretentious ;-) albums. They had a number of different bass players on their recordings, including Larry Knechtel (The Wrecking Crew) and guitarist Lonnie Mack.

I twice saw the doors live, and ’cause my momma taught me to not speak ill of the dead (though I above made an exception for Morrison), I won’t say anything about Manzarek. ;-) . Let me just add that Jerry Garcia also didn't care for the doors.

Sax, Trombone, Trumpet - in Jazz.
If this was Classical, I think that the French horn is without a doubt, the most underappreciated instrument in an orchestra.

(yeah, I'm trolling, but it's in fun and actually related to music - :D )
sleepwalker65,
I am pretty sure that on one of their albums, a credit was given to Bruce Botnick for "occasional bass". I am aware of course that they didn't have a regular bass player.