Naim Audio system owners - What speakers are you using with Naim?

Asking for a friend, seriously. Ha!

I recommended Harbeth 30.2, Revel Studio2, possibly B&W or Fyne Audio.

Any other models? Looking for both stand mount and floor standing speakers.
128x128joeinid
Thank you George. Very interesting background information. I do know that there seems to be some natural combinations for amp and speaker choices. I didn’t know about that one. 

Thank you mr_m, I bet that’s a great combo as well. Probably thinking Supernait2/3 and above depending on final speakers chosen.
In my main reference setup I’m using the Magico M6 paired with the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps & Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage analog preamp. They sounded fabulous together.

In my bedroom setup I have the Naim Uniti Nova paired with a pair of PMC standmount speakers. Match made in heaven. Prior to the PMC, I had the Naim Uniti Nova paired with the B&W 805 D3 standmount and the Sonus Faber Olympica l standmount speakers and they sounded fantastic together too. Out of these 3 different sets of speakers paired with the Naim Uniti Nova, the PMC have the best synergy with the Uniti Nova, then followed by the B&W 805 D3, then lastly the Sonus Faber Olympica l standmount. 

In general, Naim electronics will pair well with PMC, Harbeth, Spendor, Magico, B&W among others. What kind of Naim electronics do you have? I’m a big fan of Naim.

FYI, Naim has its own community forum and I suggest you join the Naim forum at Naim.co.uk.
Caphill,

Wow! Thank you so much. What an awesome system.

I personally have a Supernait2 with HiCap-dr. I absolutely love it. I hope to move up the line, maybe a NAP250 or 300.

One friend is considering a full 500 system with his B&W 800D3. I’m pushing for Naim. I realize that some B&W’s can dip down to a 1.1 ohm load which can be difficult for a lot of amps.

Another friend and I were talking about what speakers pair well with Naim. I posted here for another perspective. I’m also a Naim forum member and will be curious what recommendations they give.

Thank you.

My main system is full Naim 500 series with passive Naim NBLs, I used to have a 282/250 on them before that with either a Hicap or Supercap powering the pre. Before the NBLs the 250 was running into Thiel CS1.6s. When I bought the Thiels the dealer demoed them with Accuphase and they really couldn't produce any excitement from the likes of Tool and even with Scriabin there was a haze around the piano. I nearly didn't try them at home but I'd run out of all other options locally so gave them a go. With a 282/250 up them they took on a somewhat livelier character and earned their place. As my source was upgraded it started feeding a bit more low bass into the system which was exciting a room mode, not helped by the ports on the Thiels, the NBLs were taken in part ex by my local Naim dealer and I didn't think they'd work in my 4m X 3.8m room but we found a spot where they work a treat, I doubt I'd get many full range speakers to work in that space. I still have the Thiels and 282/Hi/250 in a second home and there I have 6m X 7m for them to breathe in but bass is there a bit light. When I set that second system up my wife said she'd missed that sound and there is something about the thiels, though the NBLs have them on rock. I'd love to try some 3.7s with the 500 series in that room against the NBLs and might get the chance when I retire next year, if I can find a pair.

Thank you for taking the time to post yeti, great information. I’ve never heard Thiel but have seen great write ups. Sad the owner passed away a while ago.