Any Tom Waits Fans?

Just wondering if there are any other Tom Waits fans out there. I've been listening to his music for years. One of my favorite albums of his is Mule Variations. I also love Nighthawks at the Diner and The Heart of Saturday Night. There are many others but those are probably my favorites. Oh yeah..and Heartattack and Vine.
hazard
Yup, Ribot is a unique and excellent musician. His recent Asmodeus disc is a good ripping electric trio date, but not as well recorded as some others. The Eclecticism CD w/ Kazutoki Umezu, (especially track 1) is incredible. I know it's kind of apples and oranges, but I've always thought Don Van Vliet (whose birthday is today) did a helluva lot more than Waits to enrich and expand popular (and maybe not so popular) music.
This thread is dead as a doornail. I hope Waits is not. 

I pulled a Waits record tonight for the table and now playing it I am taken back to his wonderful lyrics, beatnik sensibilities, and 'tude. 

I was in a band with a guitarist (Paul Skelton. He plays on albums by Austinites Wayne Hancock, Libby Bosworth, and Cornell Hurd) who loved Tom's early, "beatnik"-era albums, but I found them a little too self-consciously hipster for me. His Swordfishtrombones album changed all that, and his next (Rain Dogs) sealed the deal. Great albums!

But then he took to singing through a bullhorn, and lost me. In the 90's I saw him live in a double-bill with Los Lobos (how's THAT for a show?!), and found him not to my liking. I still like his acting, though. Down By Law, and Coffee And Cigarettes (in a scene with Iggy Pop!) in particular.