Supratek Owners Thread

Greetings All - 
It appears that the 26-million-plus view, multi-decade "Preamp Deal of the Century" Supratek thread has been removed. I'm not sure why, but suppose there must be a reasonable explanation.
In any case, on that thread I recently asked whether there might be interest in a "Supratek owners thread" and received some interest. 
The purpose of this thread is for Supratek owners to share the details of their system, ask questions, share information about any tube-rolling they have done, and so forth.
I'll kick us off here with a few details about my system -
ancient Linn LP12 with Ittok arm, Dynavector 17D3 cartridge into Cortese LCR phono stage
Power amp is a fully serviced Innersound Electrostatic amplifier
Quad ESL63 speakers (not USA monitors) or JBL 4430 studio monitors
Digital sources are immature and evolving - ancient Fostex CR300 cd player/burner
DacMagic 100 DAC
Nordost Blue Heaven 75ohm interconnect
Due to the fairly long lengths of speaker wire required in the new listening room, speaker wire is Belden 12 gauge wire designed for low-voltage outdoor lighting systems. 
Next steps - dedicated circuit, new power cords, new interconnects, new wires.
128x128markusthenaimnut
Hi Mark...i have a built a  Healthy stash of all kinds of tubes....Pre...Power and everything in between and that's what what my previous Post was about...Believe or not the stock soviet Military grade 6SN7"s that Mick ships with his new Gen 3 pre are pretty damn good...but like most i could not leave "good" enough alone...so i broke into my stash and went thru about a half dozen or so of sum NOS combos...Thats when i got e-mail from Don Sachs about the Newest Shuguang WE6SN7 and that he was high on them and said give them a try...so i got a great deal on a matched pair...burned them in for a good 200+hrs and sat down and my jaw dropped...i knew coming from him that they would be good if not very good...but man they blew me away...great extension...soundstage that blew up in every direction and a hell of a lot of meat on there bones(Beautiful rich midrange)...and put the rest of my 6SN7"s back im my audio tube toy box...and thats it...they are a keeper and its game over!  (like evertyhing in audio YMMV)   ..like i posted b 4...tube rolling can and WILL drive you nuts...it fun if you never "rolled your own before"...but after 40yrs in this great hobby of our’s you get to the point of no return and i am sitting back and digging the Shit out of these Shuguang WE6SN7’s...and as you Know quite well, Mick’s Latest gen 3 Pre’s are a BEST BUY and that my friend is the understatement of the Audio Year...and for those looking for a new Pre...well RUN not walk to his website...give him a call and get one!...You will be grinning for years and years to come.....and as i always I love to end with   "Love ..Peace and sum good old audio Grease"..HA but TRUTH!
audio 123,
Don Sachs also raved about the Shuguang Black Treasure CV181z. He prefers them over all of the NOS treasures of which his favorite is National Union black glass. The N.U. black glass doesn't even make it to my top 5, so that just tells me its all individual preferences. I have a friend who owns a Sachs pre amp, I loaned him a pair of Ken Rad black glass to try. He flipped over them, said they are easily better than the Black Treasure tubes contrary to Dons opinion. 

But, you do have me curious about the Shuguang WE6SN7 (a copy of a tube that never existed). But a 200 hour burn in? No reflection on you, but that's beyond ridiculous. That would take me 8 months of listening to achieve, I would probably toss them long before that. I would love to hear what you are so happy about but that's too much time waisted on something to "break in". 

Still waiting for my Pinot to arrive. Two weeks in transit is getting painful. 

any one hear anything about resurrection of the "preamp deal of the century" thread?
Post removed