Very small room systems and synergy

I have been trying for 20 years to put together a system for a very small (10' x 12") listening room and still haven't gotten it right.  I am currently using KEF LS50's with a NuPrime IDA8 integrated with moderate success.  I realize I really don't like metal dome tweeters and I've been drawn to class D amps.  This is probably due to my budget constraints of $2000 - $2500.  Does anyone have any input for me on this?
gmc56
Bose 901's. Let it's EQ tune your room. Sound is not the amp. It is the speaker. Cars stick to the road on tires, not horsepower.
To all Bose haters, I get it.
This is just my opinion, that was asked for by the OP.

gmc56 wrote: "...all my systems have sounded screechy and lacking in mid bass to bass."

Imo "screechy" implies excess energy in the 2-4 kHz region. This is where many speakers have a crossover from midwoofer to tweeter. The tweeter typically has a very wide radiation pattern in this region. In a small room (in particular), this excess off-axis energy bounces back quickly and correspondingly skews the frequency response and can contribute to listening fatigue. Ime this sort of problem is best addressed at the speaker design level rather than trying to fix it with absorptive room treatments.

Regarding lack of midbass and bass, perhaps there are significant nulls at the listening position. Multiple small subwoofers distributed asymmetrically around the room can often alleviate this kind of problem, as each sub’s room-induced peaks and dips will be at different frequencies, so they will tend to fill in one anothers dips, and their peaks not be as prominent either.

Unfortunately I have no handy suggestions for a simultaneous solution to both issues within your price ballpark.

Duke

speaker designer

Post removed 
I run a pair of Legacy Studio HD(AMT tweeter and 8 inch driver) with a Wyred4Sound MINT integrated in my second system, pretty happy with it.  The MINT is a small form factor amp that puts out 100wpc @ 8ohms.  Something to consider if you are changing.  Good luck.
I also have a small (11' x 12') listening room with LS50s driven by a Bryston B60R Integrated.  I was drawn to the LS50s because of the coincident/coaxial driver design which works well in nearfield listening situations. I did find that speaker placement and room treatment (back wall, in particular) to be important in achieving the balanced sound I was looking for.