Phono cartridge suggestions sought

Hi All,

I am in the market for a new phono cartridge. I can run up to $1400 but would prefer not to if i can get the performance I want. 

I listen to predominantly Jazz on vinyl, though some rock, folk and classical also gets spun

I recently heard a Hana SL and Rega Apheta at a dealers—different decks, same room and system. Both sounded good although the Apheta was not as heavy sounding and at the same time sounded more “present”. I wasn’t really looking at the Apheta, but it was available to listen to. 

The room is accoustically live with lots of glass and hard surfaces but all sounds good. 

System: Naim Atom, Bryston TT, Parasound JC jr phono stage (so huge loading flexibility and gain up to the 60’s), Totem Acoustics Signature Ones, Transparent cables. Current cart: Denon 103r with 250 hours on it, so it is winding down. 

I have enjoyed the Denon. But wondering about that all elusive “more.”

on paper spec, nobody touches the Grados for channel separation, but not sure how essential a criterion that should be. Especially since I worked hard to tame some RFI from a nearby antenna and the Grados I have heard said are not well-shielded. 

Since my Totems only drop down to 45 Hz, I suppose absolute resolution on the low end could be sacrificed for other sonic goods. 

Ok, hive mind, what do you suggest?
dramatictenor
So the oprions for Denon upgrades include SS, Zu and another one who’s name I can’t recall. Fstein, it is a good idea for me to keep in mind. Why do you suggest this? Also, do they preserve a conical tip or use a diff stylus profile?
Find a fine vintage MM or MI cartridge and if there are doubts about its condition, have it re-tipped by SS.  Short of spending many thousands on an MC cartridge, you will be in great shape.  And I am not even sure that spending many thousands on an MC cartridge would be better, sound-wise.  (By the way, any decent "stereo" cartridge that lives up to that label will give you more than adequate channel separation; that would be the last thing I'd worry about in terms of specs.)