PS Audio Revises Marketing to a Direct Sales Only Model

Discussion on the PS Audio Forum sponsored by PS Audio indicates that over the next 4 months PS Audio will be transitioning to a Direct Sales Only Model.  PS Audio CEO Paul McGowan acknowledged change was coming within the next four months.  Wish the best to PS Audio on the change.  I wonder what the impact will be on dealers currently holding new stock.  The thread on the PS Audio Forum is titled Is - PS Audio Going Direct Sale Only?
weedeewop
I have a menswear retail store, and even though we are very small by comparison,  i have tried to emulate Paul and the customer service provided by PS.    I agree with the post above:  their support has been stellar.  Thiel was like that back in the day but sadly they are gone.

If a manufacturer is going to do this, then it is incumbent upon them to offer a take-back guarantee (perhaps with a reasonable restocking fee.)  The one advantage to the buyer is that the increased margin to the mfgr should allow this, and to the buyer, being able to actually "hear" the stuff in his/her own system should be worth a lot of moola.  Both win.  And for those that are willing to take the chance, the "used" gear offered without the guarantee at a lower price allow another option.