don sach's custom kt88 tube amp

I was wondering if anyone has heard or actually owns one of these amps. I would like to hear your impression.thanks.
scarbpaul12
@wig 

My Kootenay 120 arrived today. It has WE KT88 Plus with CV181s up front. I've had the preamp for a few weeks now. It has WE 6SN7s. It's nice to finally have both the preamp and the amp in my system.

Early impressions are very favorable, to say the least. An incredible blend of power, finesse, and musicality, with perhaps the most holographic presentation I've ever heard. The music is just enveloping. It's like you're swimming in it. The effect is mesmerizing.

I'll spend some time letting it settle in before doing much futzing around, but eventually I probably will try some different 6SN7 tubes just to see what that does. I've had a lot of fun rolling that tube in other amps and preamps over the years.

Looking forward to a lot of late nights coming up!

@waltersalas Congrats.  Hope it just continues to get better.

Also, can you (or @wig ) report on the WE 6SN7s?  Curious how they stack up to the CV181s.  As I mentioned via PM, I like those but did end up using some old RCA Grey Glass VT231s into the buffer tube slots to coax out a bit more smoothness and layering. Left the CV181s in the driver tubes on the left of the preamp...
@ waltersalas

Congrats on an outstanding Combo and they will continue to improve...

@ cal3713

No comparison, the WE 6SN7 are so much better across the board but recommend you try your WE and VT 231 in both pre-amp position because it will yield a different sound.

Wig