bluesound node 2i with chord quest

I am an old school listener.  I have a Wadia 581SE player, a deHavilland Ultraverve tube preamp modified with Duelund caps, a big Bryston 14bsst amp, B&W 802 diamond speakers, Purist cables and power cords and all run through an Isotek Aquarius noise filter. I have about 3,500 cd's.  
A few months ago my Wadia took a dump and the only people supposedly "certified" to fix it is George Meyer audio in Los Angeles.  After spending 1500.00 and having to send it back and forth twice from Wisconsin, the player seems to be working well again.  This has led me to consider High end lossless streaming which is totally new to me.  I have begun some research and the more I read, the more I am confused.  I have "sort of" (for whatever reason) been looking at running a Bluesound Node 2i into a Chord Qutest DAC as well as finding a way to electronically begin storing my collection of CD's.  I did look at the Aurender A10 for streaming and storage but I think it might be a little more than I can pay now.  
One of the problems with the streaming is I have no hard connection internet near my dedicated listening area
and, unless I tear apart my finished basement, may have to use wifi to stream...which I understand is not as sonically good as ethernet hard connection. I was a long time Audiogon member back about 12 years ago but have been away for awhile.  Anyone willing to guide me with some helpful advice would be appreciated.  I understand that there is lots of ways that I might proceed.  I am intrigued though with the Chord-Bluesound node connection.  I love my deHavilland preamp and the Chord has voltage input choices where I could match up nicely with the preamp.  Also, with the preamp I could switch between my streaming configuration and my old Wadia when I feel like it.  High quality sound is the bottom line for me.  I listen to mostly jazz but have everything.  Thanks, Jim
pfeiffer
" I understand is not as sonically good as ethernet hard connection. "
If you have good decent wifi signal in your basement then you should not notice a difference between wifi or ethernet. I understand the Node 2i even has improved connection properties. If your wifi connection is weak  you should look into buying a wifi extender. How does the node 2i work now over wifi?
@pfeiffer - Can you check your internet speed and signal strength at the location where you would be using the Node 2i? If you have a laptop, you should be able to run "Speedtest" and also see your relative signal strength in the Network Center or setup. 

BTW, I recently installed a 3 node mesh wireless network in my home which previously had coverage problems. The 3 node Linksys Velop network is providing excellent speed and signal strength throughout my 3 story home. All on one network without "switching" problems. You can even prioritize the connections to insure best performance for a particular device. Works great for me.
I use the node 2i here wifi via a 3 piece eerO system it's been flawless at 230 Mbps download speed. Sounds very good into my Yggdrasil updated.
I changed out that power cable for a Wireworld Electra mini.
I use a Wywires Litespeed SPDiF cable to the Yiggy. All good, mission accomplished I got rid of the PC and all the USb connection BS.
The cables are more $$ than the cost of the Node 2i.
Streaming Qobuz is close to my PS PW Transport.
Hope this helps a bit.