GREAT MUSIC - SO POORLY RECORDED...

HI TO ALL... Made a change to isolating my speakers, so I'm pawing thru my CDs and listening for the changes/improvements - and I put in one of the all-time greats (IMHO), and I am still so disappointed in the quality of the recording:
BAT OUTTA HELL by Meatloaf (luv ELLEN FOLEY ON "... Dashboard Lights..."): UGH!

What are your personal disappointments?

Another for me: THE DANCE by Fleetwood Mac : OVERLY Bass heavy
insearchofprat
There are so many, where would I start. Lack of treble extension on the old Jefferson Airplane albums, a blanket over the speakers effect on the Derek and the Dominoes album, and it goes on. I still listen to these and enjoy them, but I lament how much better they would be if they sounded as good as Chris Isaak albums. 
U2 Joshua tree is a great album but very poorly recorded and compressed like crazzy.
Many of the Deutsch Gramophone recordings from the mid 70s to the 90s were ruined by over-mic'ing the orchestra. The technique of close mic'ing and multi mic'd instruments ruined the sense of space between instruments, tonal qualities, and ambience. Very often brass instruments were overdriven causing harshness and altering their position in the soundstage. Brass are the loudest instruments located in the back of the stage, but with these mic'ing techniques they sound like they're sitting in front.

And when digital was introduced, DG was way behind other record labels in recording and mastering a quality product.
Many important and historic recordings were poorly mastered which resulted in CDs with inferior SQ. And all the remastering in the world couldn't fix these recordings.
Decca, EMI, and Phillips didn't have such problems producing quality digital. 

As a result, fans of classical music have missed out on owning some important recordings by some of the great conductors such as Karajan, Giulini, Jochum, Bernstein, just to name a few.

Hawkwind ’Silver Machine’ so dynamic live, but have yet to find a recording (vinyl) that does not sound like I’m listening from outside a Scout hut.
Tedeschi Trucks Band. Both 'Signs'and 'Let me Get by" which is quite good and both almost impossible to listen to on a good system. Have to listen in the car to get through as song - unless I'm cooking in the next room at home.