Topping D50 vs the "Big Boys"

This low-priced DAC measures spectacularly and has the latest ESS Sabre DACs. Has anyone listened to it versus the "High-priced spreads"?
128x128fstein
Not making any comments about the quality or sound quality of the Topping, but the  ESS SABRE ES9038Q2M is a $13.80 part in quantities of 1000.  The ES9038Pros, which is used in the Sonica DAC, is $74.80 in quantity.  

I have an LG V50 which has an ESS  ES9218P DAC, which is $12.60 in quantity.  It's a decent DAC for a phone.  I think, in my opinion, that the Chord MOJO, a 4 year old design, is better.  But that's comparing a cell phone to a dedicated DAC; not really fair.  Also, the MOJO costs about half of the V50's price.
Seemed like the OP asked a legit question that devolved into a discussion about the veracity of Amazon reviews and Chi-Fi QC vs SQ. 

Has anyone listened to a D50 vs something more expensive? Or any of the Topping/SMSL type DACs vs the Chords, Myteks, Schiits, etc for that matter?

What did you think of the performance?

Seemed like the OP asked a legit question that devolved into a discussion about the veracity of Amazon reviews and Chi-Fi QC vs SQ.

Has anyone listened to a D50 vs something more expensive? Or any of the Topping/SMSL type DACs vs the Chords, Myteks, Schiits, etc for that matter?

What did you think of the performance?

I bought the D50 to use with my TV for its compact size, decent remote, low price, and good specs. I use a spare LPS with Jung-type super-regulator lying around to power the D50.

It replaced a TEAC UD-301 and to my surprise, the difference was easily noticeable. Dialogues felt crisp even at low volumes, and sounds seem more focused and detailed leading to better immersion.

I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but I'm pretty impressed with the improvement given the cost.

Wait till the D50S is released, it’s even better. No balanced though, that’s about the only performance negative (looks could be improved, such as a larger screen).
Just picked up a totaldac - bent metal case, cheap remote and all. It sounds spectacular, and I would gladly put up with even shittier casework and remote. Superb sounding.