Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary

These are fun speakers.  They are musical and smooth. An absolute pleasure to hear with tubes.

I cannot believe how well made they are at this price point.  I'd like to wheel in a pair of Harbeths or Spendors (classic type) to have a shootout.  The stands are well executed.  Everything feels substantial and high end.  Color me impressed.  

128x128jbhiller
Good sales pitch! I’m by no means tired of tower speakers but I have to agree that the Lintons with their dedicated stands make for a compelling visual package. Look forward to hearing them.
got a pair for a month now. for the price, can’t complain. 
i run them with a nat audio utopia preamp, mcintosh mc275 vi and a classé dp. 3 cd playet
So I have a pair about 30-35 hours on them. Paired with PrimaLuna Integrate with KT150s/KT88s/EL34s & NOS Brimar/NOS RCA ClearTops 12AU7s.
These speakers sound terrible! All BOOM and VERY forward mids. No highs to speak of. Added plugs to rear bass ports with minimal results.
I have them on the matching stands with 1.5 inch foam between to speakers & stands.If these do not break in & clear up some they're going back! Totally disappointed at this point.I had a 1 on 1 conversation with jbhiller who has these too and his info was helpful but unless these need more time I just don't see anything good here. Speakers are positioned about 4 feet from rear wall but room is fairly well furnished. My 2 cents.