Supratek Owners Thread

Greetings All - 
It appears that the 26-million-plus view, multi-decade "Preamp Deal of the Century" Supratek thread has been removed. I'm not sure why, but suppose there must be a reasonable explanation.
In any case, on that thread I recently asked whether there might be interest in a "Supratek owners thread" and received some interest. 
The purpose of this thread is for Supratek owners to share the details of their system, ask questions, share information about any tube-rolling they have done, and so forth.
I'll kick us off here with a few details about my system -
ancient Linn LP12 with Ittok arm, Dynavector 17D3 cartridge into Cortese LCR phono stage
Power amp is a fully serviced Innersound Electrostatic amplifier
Quad ESL63 speakers (not USA monitors) or JBL 4430 studio monitors
Digital sources are immature and evolving - ancient Fostex CR300 cd player/burner
DacMagic 100 DAC
Nordost Blue Heaven 75ohm interconnect
Due to the fairly long lengths of speaker wire required in the new listening room, speaker wire is Belden 12 gauge wire designed for low-voltage outdoor lighting systems. 
Next steps - dedicated circuit, new power cords, new interconnects, new wires.
128x128markusthenaimnut
Marcus, sorry I did not see your question until just now. I haven't received the Pinot yet, Mick is still tinkering on it. But, with the Syrah pre amp I did quite a bit of tube rolling. As far as the rectifier goes I tried the Mullard GZ34 and GZ37, Bendix 6106, RCA 5V4GA, Cossor 53KU. I could not tell a significant difference in swapping regulators. That is until I rolled in a pair or W.E. 350B's as regulators, then the Bendix 6106 was daddy'o! I put all the others away and stayed with the Bendix. On the 6SN7 I tried too many to list. All of the WWII Sylvania's are just great in the Supratek, as well as the 1949-1951's. You cant go wrong with any of them. But, the 6SN7A, 6SN7W, 6SN7 GT metal base version are easily superior to all other Sylvania's. The Ken-Rad black glass are excellent as well, but not as excellent as the Sylvanias. The very best 6SN7 that I used was easily the Tung-Sol black glass with the round or the oval micas. Just completely gorgeous organic sound when paired with the 350B as regulators, and the Bendix rectifier. I was also using Western Electric 417A in the phono section. 
Audio 123, Western Electric never made a 6SN7 tube, nor an equivalent. Shuguang needs to go and do some research.
Tube rolling is an obsessive, compulsive madness that can drive you to �the brink of insanity...or am I (you) already there? well the new Shuguang WE6SN7 are SPECIAL...i stand by what my ears hear...you can roll all you want but they are a end game for me...and that is what its all about....your system and your ears!
Hi Mark...i have a built a  Healthy stash of all kinds of tubes....Pre...Power and everything in between and that's what what my previous Post was about...Believe or not the stock soviet Military grade 6SN7"s that Mick ships with his new Gen 3 pre are pretty damn good...but like most i could not leave "good" enough alone...so i broke into my stash and went thru about a half dozen or so of sum NOS combos...Thats when i got e-mail from Don Sachs about the Newest Shuguang WE6SN7 and that he was high on them and said give them a try...so i got a great deal on a matched pair...burned them in for a good 200+hrs and sat down and my jaw dropped...i knew coming from him that they would be good if not very good...but man they blew me away...great extension...soundstage that blew up in every direction and a hell of a lot of meat on there bones(Beautiful rich midrange)...and put the rest of my 6SN7"s back im my audio tube toy box...and thats it...they are a keeper and its game over!  (like evertyhing in audio YMMV)   ..like i posted b 4...tube rolling can and WILL drive you nuts...it fun if you never "rolled your own before"...but after 40yrs in this great hobby of our’s you get to the point of no return and i am sitting back and digging the Shit out of these Shuguang WE6SN7’s...and as you Know quite well, Mick’s Latest gen 3 Pre’s are a BEST BUY and that my friend is the understatement of the Audio Year...and for those looking for a new Pre...well RUN not walk to his website...give him a call and get one!...You will be grinning for years and years to come.....and as i always I love to end with   "Love ..Peace and sum good old audio Grease"..HA but TRUTH!