Recommendations for Vintage Speakers

I’m currently looking to put together a vintage system and am wondering what a good pair of full range, floor standing speakers would be. They would be powered by a Pioneer SX-1250. I listen to a very wide range of music, a lot of live Grateful Dead, Classic Rock, Metal, But also enjoy Jazz and even a little Big Band music once in a while. Thanks for your help!
128x128bigjohn9095
@geoffkait

"There is no absolute sound."

It's sad you believe this.  There is indeed an absolute sound.

It's a simple and important concept.  The absolute sound is what we experience when we hear live music.  It is nirvana for music lovers and thus the ultimate goal for audiophiles seeking faithful reproduction of that experience.

keegiam56
@geoffkait

"There is no absolute sound."

It’s sad you believe this. There is indeed an absolute sound.

It’s a simple and important concept. The absolute sound is what we experience when we hear live music. It is nirvana for music lovers and thus the ultimate goal for audiophiles seeking faithful reproduction of that experience.

>>>>Not sure I go along with your detective work, pal. Even for live music there is no absolute sound since all auditoriums, symphony halls, night clubs, etc. sound different. AND - depending on where one is sitting or standing in a given venue - the sound will be different. In addition, many home audio systems actually have better sound than many live performances.
geoffkait
...  for live music there is no absolute sound since all auditoriums, symphony halls, night clubs, etc. sound different. AND - depending on where one is sitting or standing in a given venue - the sound will be different.
But whatever that sound is, of live unamplified music, that is the absolute sound. And for that matter, many French horns, or violas, or trombones sound different from their brethren. That doesn't mean each doesn't create its own absolute sound.
In addition, many home audio systems actually have better sound than many live performances.
Quite so! That's one of the rewards of being an audiophile.
In fact the same instrument can sound totally different in different rooms and to different people. It can sound different on different days, in different weather conditions, just like audio systems. End of story. 🤗

Everything is relative. - A. Einstein