Your favorite Electrostatic, Panel spkr

I’m putting together an analog system. First on the list was a turntable, I’ve settled on the Denon DP 59L. 
  Now let’s hear from the owners of some panel electrostatic type speakers, not ones you dreamed of owning, ones that you’ve owned and the reason why they were your favorite. 
kgveteran
Well, with kgveteran's latest update I suggest that a bigger magnetic planar or  ESL would be problematic. Imo both the King III and Sound Lab, as well as the Eminent Technology are eliminated. You would do far better with a dynamic speaker imo than a larger panel in such a close space. 

mijostyn, I would rather not discuss extensively and rewrite the book so to speak. The King III and the Ultimate 545 are a study in contrasts on several levels. You will get a very thorough introduction to either speaker by reading the reviews, including the highlights and caveats. Twin Audio Video is listed on the King's Audio website as U.S. Distributor. 

Sorry, i finally measured the room today, its a spare room with no acoustic treatments. It should make a nice listening room, once i get to measuring things and applying treatments 

So am i correct, they will be on the 12’ wall, not the 9’

I don't know how one could come to think I was "saying the ET was (sic) an ESL". I infact specifically said it was NOT---that was the main point of the post in which I said as much! My related quote about the ET: "but you should know that it's design is magnetic-planar, not ESL". I own two magnetic-planar loudspeakers (Eminent Technology LFT-8b, Magneplanar Tympani T-IVa), one ESL (original QUAD), and a loudspeaker containing ESL tweeters---RTR's, the same ones David Wilson used in his WAMM (ESS TranStatic I).

ESL's and magnetic-planars are similar in some ways, different in others. I have found audiophiles to be in either the planar (ESL, m-p, ribbon, whatever) camp, the "dynamic" (cone drivers) camp, or the horn camp. I can live with just about any planar, but very few dynamics. I don't have enough experience with horns (other than the pair of Altec Voice-Of-The-Theater PA speakers I had to listen through when living in a "band house" in 71-2. NOT a hi-fi loudspeaker imo!) to have an informed opinion about them. I've heard the Jadis Eurythmie (Brooks Berdan's pair), Klipsch K-Horn (ditto), various JBL's with dynamic woofers, but haven't lived with them. That's the ONLY way to get to really know a loudspeaker. Same with a woman ;-) .

So am i correct, they will be on the 12’ wall, not the 9’

Try the speakers on either wall and see what you prefer. A lot will depend on what speakers you end up with. Dipoles like Maggies will need more space behind them. The JansZen maybe not so much. In fact I think the manufacturer recommends them being closer to the wall behind them. Dynamic speakers will vary too. Some will offer more flexibility in placement than others. This is why I would recommend getting speakers from a manufacturer that offers a home trial.
For what it’s worth, my old listening room was 11x18. 

I tried a multitude of dynamic speakers in that room, from line source, point source, sealed, and ported. Admittedly, I never tried dynamic OB. 

Every dynamic speaker I had in this well treated room always had some bass deficiencies. It was maddening. Nothing helped, treatments or positioning. 

Last November I purchased a pair of SoundLabs M645s, and the game changed. 

I moved three months ago, and my new room is smaller then before, 11x14.  Its not completely closed behind the listening position, as there is an entryway/exitway leading to another room. 

Still using the M645s, and I only sit about 5 feet from them, very near field. 

Love the sound. I have been busy, so they need fine tuning and adjustment still, but they still do so much right. 

IMHO.