Need help. Music server and streaming. Newbie.

Still pretty new to streaming....considering what I currently have, which way do I need to go?

I currently have a desktop computer in a room adjacent to the room of my main system.

I want to start eliminating cds and sacds from the main system room.

so, I want some type of server in main system or streaming from my desktop.

I have an Oppo UDP-205 that does some streaming. Not sure it’s capabilities. I have an iPad.

Without running an ethernet cable between rooms, can I get at least cd-quality sound to stream music from my desktop to main system over wifi with a network player?

I had been looking at music servers like the Sony HAP-Z1es or Blusound Vault 2i that would store everything....and I was leaning toward these.

Or do I need to look into a laptop computer and dac setup? (I don’t currently have any laptop).

Also Trying to keep cost under $2k.

Thanks for any input...
foeraus
I have Oppo 205 and Sony HAP-Z1ES.  The 205 is a lot better, especially when using XLR analog output.  I agree with @mahler123 suggestion you can start with connecting USB drive to Oppo 205 USB port, but please note that you will get better sound quality playing CD/SACD directly on 205.  Playing from USB drive gives the convenience of selecting folders/tracks from Oppo app on phone/tablet.
Thanks for the input so far......

I forgot, I have a 1TB Toshiba back-up drive for my desktop......I will try that tonight in the USB port. 

Won’t sound as good as CD/SACD?

Hmmmm........Preferring to not lose quality. Let’s see....
Try ripping a couple of CDs to the hard drive as FLAC files, share it on your network, then stream through the Oppo and see how you like it.  Or connect it directly vis the USB port.
Foreraus, I went your route years ago until I bought a dedicated streamer dac in one box and eliminated the computer interface. I also got better sound. You are correct ITunes saves as AIFF not Flac....or whatever Apple calls it. I put my multi thousand CD library onto a solid state outboard hard drive and just plugged it into the back of my Lumin, which streams just about anything. If you want a simple, uncluttered solution I suggest picking up a one box unit to plug into your hi fi. Streaming is the "new" direction and I believe it’s here to stay.