Imported audio are you getting the same level of performance vs domestic priced equip?

Imported audio usually runs 15-30 % higher in the country the equipment is exported to vs the country of origin. This is understandable with the issues of import fees, shipping costs and distributer mark up.
I’ve gasped at times the difference one pays for the same product only because the product is being sold in a different country. If you take a domestic product at the same price point that’s not marked up with the extra costs logically you would believe the domestic product is superior since you are not looking at a 15-30 % mark up. 15-30 % is usually where you see a company offer something better
than the previous price point. This is not always the case sometimes it’s 50 % above the lesser product. If I buy a $10000. Speaker from a foreign company that sells for $7000. In the country of origin, I’m paying $10000. for a speaker that’s actually a $7000. Performing one. Take Focal audio for instance the Kanta vs Sopra are all priced about 20% apart as you move up the chain. Each step up is an improvement over the other, they say. So I’m actually paying more for less by buying foreign audio equipment here in the U.S . 
The point I’m trying make or the answer I’m seeking to my question is are you getting less for your money buying foreign audio equipment than domestic ?
hiendmmoe
I usually get better performance per dollar with the imported brands, despite the import markup.

The exception lies with *some of the factory-direct brands. 
Try living in Australia where nothing is manufactured and mark ups are mostly horrific, together with limited choice compared to the USA and even Canada.
I use ebay for generally speaking bargain prices.  I like Meridian pre/processors and American Amps and speakers.  That being said, I am currently very happy with a Parasound C2, made in Finland.  We all get to pick and choose which components we like.  Caveat Emptor.
Koetsu and Mayajima for cartridges. Nakamichi for casette decks. Studer/Revox for R2R. Trans-Fi for tonearms. Quad speakers. No domestic there.

For DIY projects it's pretty international, but some domestic. Nobody makes (should say, MADE) complementary small signal transistors like Analog Devices MAT series. RIP, PNP.