Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
you start with the speakers always with the speakers first

...The reason we start with the speaker is because it will determine the electronics,

Amplifier choice forces speaker choice. Speaker choice forces amplifier choice.  Either way is instructive yet limiting. What's the difference? 

(This is generally directed, not at you specifically audiotroy) 
David Ten, the only way you start with the amplifier first is if you are in love with an amplifier that you allready own and have to then go the backwards route of finding a set of speakers that will work optimally in the room with that amp.

We start with the speaker selection first as the speakers are based on room size, output spl required, finish, physical size, asthestic design, of course sound quality.

So we start our clients with the speaker selection first then move to the electronics, then digtial.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
The problem with the typical B&M is price. I'm not going to spsnd hours of their time learning whats what only to buy everything used on AG. but if I buy new i'll have to settle. 3f instead of the 7. f228be instead of the salon2. Yes a dealer can make the more affordable system ferform at its best but it disregards the val,ue of AG and buying used.
@audiotroy   

We start with the speaker selection first as the speakers are based on room size, output spl required, finish, physical size, asthestic design, of course sound quality.

All of the above remain the same whether starting out amplifier first, or not. 

It doesn't answer the question of why speakers first (over amplification).

Do others have perspective on incontrovertible reasons / rationale on why speakers first (over amplification)?
David here is the rationale.

Loudspeaker choice is determined by a few factors:

1: Room size the larger the physical amount of air to be moved the larger the loudspeakers need to be, ie small room, small speaker, medium room medium sized loudspeaker, big room big speaker and gigantic room really big speakers. For the medium to large room a set of subwoofers may augment the mains in place of larger displacement woofers, subs pro and con are another discussion.

2: Physical look: for many people especially with a signfiigent other, the look color, size, shape, wood or painted finish may be part of that factor

3: SPL requirements: There are gigantic loudspeakers that don't play that loud for their size and smaller speakers that will play very loud, so it all matters to the design, efficiency and power handling/heat dissipation of the drive units.

4: Bass output, midrange flavoring, or treble clarity, ie loudspeaker voicing is strongly dependent of the overall design

5: Imaging abilities: some loudspeakers image better than others.

Therefore the loudspeaker has way more variables in terms of finding the right loudspeaker than the electronics do.

We will say that finding the right matching electronics to a particular set of loudspeakers will require auditioning a number of amplifiers, then cabling and source interactions until the system comes alive but again, it is much easier to schlep in an amplifier or dac then to physically move large speakers in and out of your home.

Therefore for all of these reasons we recommend that when someone is starting this jorney the loudeakers come first as the initial decision.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ