Magico A3 vs S3 MKI

All

I have been a long time lurker and wanted to get some help with a decision. 

For the past 3 months I have been auditioning speakers in the 10k-15 range (both used and new) and have largely decided upon A3. 

Source gear
1. Hegel H360
2. Music played via Tidal

I had gone into A3 Audition as a skeptic and was expecting it to be clinical/ analytical. However I was surprised
1. It felt music and laid back (in a good way). Kind of speaker that I could listen to for hours and not get fatigued
2. Really liked the texture of the bass
3. Vocals made me feel I was right in the room

While I didn’t like some of the R&B music I played through them (eg Amy Winehouse), overall this met more of my needs than 10+ other speakers I have listened to. 

I wanted to check if anyone has had a chance to compare them to S3 MKI. I am getting a barely used S3 for almost the same price. However it might not be possible to do a fully controlled comparison of the two. So I wanted to get views from those who have listened to both. 

At at this stage not trying to broaden the search and simply trying to pick between these two. 
vinoacoustics
I owned a pair of S3 for a year. Pretty good speaker. I have heard the A3 at Axpona and the S3 is a much better sounding speaker to me. 
Of course you are comparing 22600 new vs 9800. I just sold my pair a few mos ago for 9500. (Just what I paid for them 1 year earlier)
I have always loved the S3 Mk I, and I had hoped to get a nice, used pair for $11K or less, which was my budget. I looked for months, checking HiFiShark daily, but a pair never came up that was in the color and condition that I wanted. When I heard the A3 at Axpona, I knew I had my answer, and I ordered a pair. While the A3's do not have the same chest-caving oomph on the low end as the S3 Mk 1, they are still very strong. As far as the midrange and highs, I find them to be the tonal equivalent, at least, of the S3 Mk 1. From an imaging standpoint, the A3's are fantastic. I went to a demo the other night with a $30,000 pair of Gamut speakers, and my A3's just crush them, even with the less expensive electronics in my rig. I feel very good about the A3's, and I don't have the uncertainty associated with buying used speakers. A3's highly recommended!
Heard the S3 Mk1s. Just amazing. They put out so much dynamic room-filling sound that to my ears was very balanced and complete. There was a sense it was just all there..everything.  Imaging was rock solid with no sense of vagueness. The amp was an awesome Soulution and Cables were insanely expensive (and sexy looking) Synergistic Research Gallileo’s. All I know is that system truly rocked and is probably the best I’ve ever heard all round. Most of the songs I requested and we played never sounded nearly as good as I had heard before. 

if I could imagine any ‘improvement’ on the sound, it would be to bring the sound energy forward a bit more so I was right in the middle of the action so to speak. That said, for me, these are in rarified ‘truly awesome’ territory.

Also fortunate to here the A1 stand mounts at low listening levels. Lovely little speaker in that room. Way more low end than their moderate size would suggest. Imaging was superb even at that moderate db level. Complete disappearing act. Hard to hear sound emanating from the speakers even at 7ft - 9ft back.