Speakers for a “cold” room

I have a terrible room 16 x 18 two bay windows (I do use heavy drapes in front of them). Partially hard wood floors, and plaster walls.  8 foot ceiling.   I have acoustic zen adagio and want to upgrade.  I am also going to upgrade the electronics.  Jolida tube pre into emerald class d amps.   I love the zen’s but find the upper mid’s a bit harsh.  Bass is nice an punchy.    So......  what would be a upgrade for a cold room.  I was thinking golden ear triton 1’s due to build in sub.    Thanks much in advance

mlapenta
Love the panels will cure everything argument.

The reality of a diapole is that half the sound is out of phase with the front wave and adding subs doesn’t compensate, also Mijostyn not everyone loves the giant disemobodied sound that a Magneplaner makes. 

A diapole’s real advantage is that it has a figure 8 dispersion pattern which helps with rooms where side wall interactions are an issue.

Mijostyne we have a lot of panel experience with Quads, Quad ESL 63 and even Magneplaners.

With that being said, if this gentleman loves the bass of the Adagios then a speaker with even better bass the Golden Ear Tritron 1R would work very well.

They actually throw a very big soundstage, and have both good resolution and a very nice tonal balance and the bass response is fabulous.

The OP should be looking at the Tritron 1R which are way better than the older Tritons.

We used to sell the Adagios’ so yes the new Golden Ear Tritron 1R would be a very nice upgrade.

As per electronics there are a ton of great electronics for the OP to look at.

What is the buget? We are getting fabulous results with our Triton 1R with the new Krell K300i a 150 watt Class A integrated and the Naim gear.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Golden Ear dealers

Harsh upper mids is a classic sign of needing to treat first reflection points.  I am in the camp of doing some room treatment first.
Have you listened near field with the speakers pulled out into the room? If so, any differences?
Room acoustics matter a great deal, so of course, do as much as you can there.

If you cannot, wide baffle / wide surface area speakers are your best answer, followed by horns.