Audio Note Kit 1 Upgrade Or New Dac

So I have a 2010 audio note kit 1 with upgraded internals(caps, wiring, etc.), but stock output transformers. I also have a chord 2qute dac. The dac is fed by a sonore ultrarendu. I am considering making a upgrade. Updated ccore output transformers for the ANK amp or a new dac( probably the chord qutest) My question is which component would I see the most benefit in upgrading, if either. I am very happy with my sound already, just seeing if I could minorly improve on some things. 
akwilson501
I am currently listening to an AN Kits Dac1.1 given to me as a loaner while my dealer upgrades the caps in my AN UK Dac. I think it sounds excellent and I can imagine that you are very happy with the sound you're getting. An upgrade to the output transformers should be a huge upgrade that is the route I would likely pursue. You say you also have a Chord 2qute have you compared it to the ANK?

For all those curious about DACs, the Arizona AV Club is partnering with several manufacturers and dealers to produce a DAC shootout on Saturday August 24th 11am to 3pm.

The event will be held at Acoustic Designs 16074 N. 78th Street, Suite B104, Scottsdale, AZ 85260.

The following DACs will be present:

• Schiit Yggdrasil
  • Chord Qutest
  • Benchmark DAC3
  • iFi Audio Pro iDSD
  • PS Audio DirectStream
  • Holo Audio Spring DAC2
  • Jolida Glass FX DAC 
  • NuPrime Evolution DAC
  • L.K.S. DAC MH-DA004
  • Line Magnetic

The DACs will be played in an acoustically treated room on a reference system consisting of Focal Maestro Utopia Evos driven by SAE and Acoustic Research gear.

If you have any interest in hearing well regarded DACs on a top tier system don't miss this event! There is a $10 entry fee. RSVPs are appreciated due to limited seating; multiple sessions will be available. There will also be a speaker from Chord present to talk about their technology.

More information here: www.AZAVCLUB.COM

Hi akwilson,

You're happy with your current sound quality but what do you prefer most,  the AN kit or the Chord  presentation? My gut feeling would be to move toward the AN with higher quality output transformers.

Good Luck,

Charles