WAF Speaker suggestions

I am looking to replace my current speakers and need advice.  I currently have a pair of Vandersteen 2ce sig speakers that my wife says look like coffins in the living room. I love my wife more than the Vandys and so am looking for replacement speakers. I need a smaller footprint speaker to make her happy and I would like a speaker that has a sound that is less laid back than the Vandys.
New or used speakers are fine.  My budget is $2000-$2500. Listening room is the living room (15ftX20ft with 15ft cathedral ceiling.) I listen mostly to jazz, classical, and blues.  Equipment is a Classe CP-800 preamp, Classe CT-2300 amp, TEAC CD-P650 used as a transport, and a Macbook for streaming music.

My research has lead me to the smaller footprint Dynaudio and Focal speakers but I do not know how well these speakers pair with the Classe amp and preamp.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
128x1282tuby

The OP had towers, and he wants something different, so why .... 
more towers? 

Consider the Spatial M3 or M4 Triode Masters
http://www.spatialaudio.us

I had a pair of M3 Triode Masters that was black frame around black cones. Maybe I should say spheres. I really like the design. 2 big cones on the frame. and people generally arere attracted to round things, from moons to the Wheel of Fortune. Frames come in black, red, and white. 

I bought mine directly rom the owner/designer Clayton Shaw at an audio show. He is very personable. Call him to see if he has other colors he could do for you. I liked "black on black" b/c it just makes the speakers (open baffle- don't knock them til you try them) disappear. they don't draw attention with weird angles or colors, and therefore the speaker 'disappears" more easily when playing music. Again, for WAF.

these speaks sound great with the genres you mentioned. they will fill a large room with sound quite easily, and a used price is well within your budget. And although these are the "triode masters", they do have a bit of triode sweet sound, but also has balls of steel and you can play them on "11" w/out hurting them. IOWs, your Class system is not only pretty ideal in terms of a matching SQ with the Spatials, but has the power needed to drive them. Don't get mislead by "triode" in the speaker name, you cannot run these with a lightweight or even medium weight tube amp. Best would be a hybrid: tube pre and SS amp. 
I appreciate your WAF problem. I had a set of classic Spendor 1/2Es that I was very happy with, but the day came when those "70s-looking boxes" were ordered out of the room. I've now got a set of Ohm 1000s and my wife likes the way they look in the room -- small footprint, nice looking veneer and the small grill on top gives a bit of an obelisk appearance. And, I like the way they sound, so they been a winner for both of us.
Buy a headphone system and enjoy whatever music you want without spouse or girlfriend advice!