Audioquest Dragon Powercord vs Hurricane

I don't want to get into a debate about if powercords and/or cables sound different or not. I just want to talk about the differences between the Audioquest Dragon and Audioquest Hurricane powercords in my system, based on my ears and preferences. My system consists of a Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier, Jeff Rowland Corus preamp, Chord Dave DAC, Antipodes DS GT music server, Monitor Audio PL500 ii speakers, JL Audio F112 v2,  Clarus Crimson speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum series 8 XLRs, and all Audioquest Hurricane power cords.
I have two Dragon powercords for a home audition. I put one on my DAC and the other on my preamp. My initial thought is the Dragon added a lot of detail. I usually listen with the volume set at 60, but had to reduce it to 58 with the Dragon inserted. After letting the music play for awhile, I did some critical listening for 90 minutes or so. I'm pretty certain that I will keep all Hurricanes and not purchase any Dragon powercords. It isn't because I think the Hurricane is better. I submit they are different and I always say cables are system dependent. In my system the Hurricane is a more balanced cable, where the Dragon is forward to my ears and it's a cable that really highlights details in a way that I don't like. E.g. when I listened to a blues track by KEB MO, with the Dragons the guitar was very forward and dominate, his voice was out of balance and the bass wasn't as full. Returning to the Hurricanes provided excellent balance with detail and fuller bass. Things may change over the next couple of days, but I don't usually change from my initial thoughts. There are no absolutes in audio and careful component matching is more important than how much a component cost.  
ricred1
viber6,
I can only speak for myself about what I want out of my system. In my current system every recording sounds different. Some recordings sound flat, some bright, some very open and detailed. I listen to mostly contemporary Jazz(Paul Brown, Boney James, Larry Carlton, Kirk Whalum). I've had speakers that some consider detailed/clean and I couldn't listen to them for long periods of time. Now I have a system that provides detail and allows me to listen without getting a headache.   
I have a difficult time believing you can hear a difference buying an expensive power cord.  Think this is similar to the story, "The Emperors New Cloths".  If you spend more you convince yourself it sounds better.  However, how much better?  Could your neighbor walk in the door and say, wow you system sure sounds better.
larry5729,

The good news is you don’t have to rely on what I say. Please get a Audioquest Thunder powercord(the least expensive in their new series) on loan and come to your own conclusions.

"However, how much better?" I say read my post, because I never said anything was better. This is what I posted: I’m pretty certain that I will keep all Hurricanes and not purchase any Dragon powercords. It isn’t because I think the Hurricane is better. I submit they are different and I always say cables are system dependent.

We make this hobby to difficult. It’s pretty simple...if you hear a component(including cables) and you don’t think it makes a discernible difference for the better, don’t purchase it. If someone wants to spend a million dollars on something they feel improves their listening pleasure, why should anyone care.
Post removed 
larry5729,
Your picture makes you look like a pretty intelligent guy, therefore don't say you "do not like green eggs and ham" until you try them.

I'm a pretty sceptical guy who has tried various powercords. The Shunyata Alpha series cable I used made a noticeable upgrade over another aftermarket powercord I bought.

Then came the Audioquest Hurricanes... Took my system to another level to the point that it pissed me off. Why? Because I have great equipment (reference equipment used by many magazine reviewers) and a powercord shouldn't have made that much of a diference.

But it did.