Ohm "Tall "speakers: Overall 2000 responses on a thread from 2008

There is a post from 2008 about the Ohm "Tall" speakers.  It is astounding that this thread garnered over 2000 responses.  Does anyone know if Ohm has improved this model over the last 11 years instead of just sitting back.  

Regardless of the fact that it is officially classified as an "Omni directional" design  how does it rate as an "audiophile" speaker?  The price has increased since 2008, but has the sound quality improved by legitimate upgrades to this particular model?. 

For the record, it has a few new competitors, in particular, the Larsen 4.2 and 6.2 speakers.  Though, they are not necessarily tagged "OMNIS"  they share similar characteristics to the Ohms.

I recently auditioned  the Larsen 4.2. They were impressive for the overall clarity of the midrange, naturalness of timbre, and strong bass for such a small speaker (30 inches tall) which must be placed directly against the wall Soundstaging was good but not great.. 

The  Larsen 4.2 retail  for $2200 which is close in price to the Ohm "Talls"  The model 6.2 retails for $4300  and touted to offer more of the same sound quality as the 4.2.   Larsen does not offer a home trial option 

Thanks,

S.J.  

sunnyjim
Sunnyjim -- I went from a pair of Golden Ear 7s to a pair of Ohm 1000s just about one year ago. I've been very pleased with the Ohms in my setup. They have great voicing and a very natural soundstage -- its nice to be able to move around the room and have the image respond as if one were at a live presentation. The 1000s are a shade less efficient than the GEs but still no problem for my amp (a Bel Canto c5i.) I heartily recommend them.
Misstl I also run a pair of OHMs off a Bel Canto c5i.   Mine are Ohm 100s series 3 which is an 8" driver in vintage Walsh 2 cabinets.    Very nice!  

Thank you to all, (especially frazeur 1 and Mmisstl) for their responses and advice. I will keep you posted. Still would like to hear the Larsen 6.2  to compare to 4.2 and possibly the Ohm MWT.  Could consider the Ohm 1000 somewhere down the line.

Cheers to all,

S.J.