Mono Reissues and the Conical Stylus

Hi Folks,

Recently I started buying mono reissues from Speakers Corner, Impex, and have recently ordered a few from Analogphonic. They're all of the 'long haired' variety. In the process, I've come to discovery threads where posters claim that the newer mono reissue grooves are cut in a V (stereo) shape rather than the vintage U (mono) shape.
My AT 33 mono cartridge comes with a conical stylus and from what I can tell, so do the better mono cartridges, i.e. the Miyajima Zero Mono. This of course would then create an issue where it pertains to using a conical stylus in a V shaped groove.

Around November, I plan to purchase a Jelco tonearm for my modified Thorens TD 160 and after that, will be looking to upgrade to a higher end mono cartridge. However, I don't see that they're would be a viable solution to the stylus dilemma given that I will only have one tonearm. I do by the way own a collection of early mono records but would like to find a cartridge that better crosses over between my vintage pressings and my reissues. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
goofyfoot
chaster raises a good point which shows how deep the issue of "mono playback" truly becomes if you're half way serious about it.  The RIAA equalization became effective in 1954, but many labels did not immediately adopt it.  Some, particularly in Europe didn't comply until the early '60s.

So depending on how anal one wants to be with mono playback it becomes a question of:
* mono VS stereo cartridge 
* "true" mono VS strapped mono
* stylus shape and size
* appropriate equalization

Now anyone looking to go back further to 78s then actual recording speed must be added to the list.

Anyone wanting to learn more about all this could start here -
http://midimagic.sgc-hosting.com/mixphono.htm

chakster, sorry but spell check wants to change your moniker.  I didn't notice in time to correct it.
Hi Dave, Do you have any thoughts on the putative benefits of a "true mono" cartridge vs a mono cartridge created from a stereo cartridge by bridging the two channels internally?
I think someone originally must have used the upper case "U" to symbolize the shape of an early mono record groove, for want of a letter in the alphabet that better conforms to the actual shape of the groove, whatever that is. Now we all use it without thinking much about it.