Turntable newbie info site?

After reading the various threads here regarding TT specifics, my head is spinning.  MC vs MM, cantilevered, diamond tip vs nude, need for separate phono stage, various tone arm types and need for set up.  I googled and the TT sites are usually too elementary and don't address the more specific points.  Is there a site for some one unfamiliar with audiophile TT technology but willing to learn knowing it is a steap learning curve?

I last played vinyl in the early 1980s on a Technics and Kenwood, mass produced, department store type model.
ymc226
Congratulations!  There is a huge difference as everyone says here with Digital sources.  You've skipped in my opinion the starter steps in what you've bought.  I am very inexperienced compared with all the guys here so I hope I'm not wrong here but as regards cartridge, I believe it's an even bigger influence on your sound.  MC vs MM ?    MM is perceived as lower end because the theory says that a coil is lighter than a magnet so can respond quicker to the bumps and troughs in your groove.   High Output Moving Coil cartridges can also be used into MM inputs although models are more limited.  Dynavector and Sumiko are examples amongst many.  You've a few days to read all the reviews.  Needledoctor is great source but read the descriptions because High Output MC cartridges are on a page labelled Low Output!   However, like all things its not black and white, MM can also be better than MC.  
Nice! Welcome to the Technics club.
If you want something special look for vintage MM like the Audio-Technica AT-ML150 (Beryllium cantilever, MicroLine diamond) or Victor X-1IIe (Titanium cantilever and Elliptical tip). Both are excellent cartridges for reasonable price, more expensive than some modern Nagaoka, Grado and usual suspects, but with obvious advantages over them all (different cantilevers and diamonds). On exotic side you can look at the ADC TRX-2 (Sapphire cantilever, Vital II diamond). Anyway, depends on your budget, some Stanton/Pickering top models are also superb, and don’t gorget the Grace top models.
Agreed, you're already in the best community and resource already. Technics 1200 is a great entry. Many people dream of owning one. I have technics 1210 in my collection with these sorbo isolation feet,  https://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-stereo-desktop-case-feet/technics-turntable-replacement-custom-feet/sorbothane-audiophile-turntable-vibration-isolation-dampening-feet.html
Thank you all for the advice. I ordered an AT MM cartridge from Crutchfield which is also coming next week. Moving from NJ to CA so everything is being shipped to LA.  I don’t even have a LP so will need to buy a record this weekend.