Barometric pressure, temperature, moon phase?

I’m off work tomorrow, made sausage and peppers for dinner, and now I’m enjoying a Sazerac on a beautiful summer evening, listening to Joni Mitchell.  All is right with the world, at least at my house.  But...  the stereo sounds ever so slightly, not quite there.  It did the other day, but tonight, it’s missing some tiny bit of something.  Has this ever been experienced by any of you out there?  One day magnificent, another day, just ever so slightly not quite as good.  Atmospheric conditions?  Mood? Magnets?  Thoughts?
dprincipato
Seriously though.

I would have to agree with Kosst entirely.

Example.

Last week was working in a factory in Texas, hotter than hot, bad job all round, behind schedule ( contractors not me). Owner none too happy, so just pretty miserable experience.
Got home late Friday, finally sat down 11pm and put a record on, switched off by track two as sounded awful.

Fast forward to this afternoon, all the honeydew list knocked out, just come out of the pool and feeling pretty good.

Put the very same record on with no changes bar my mood and it sounds really sweet......

Sort of makes ya wonder just how much of this Audiophool crap is in the mind.....
Perceptions are NOT reality. They are just perceptions.

What we perceive is effected buy our self, body, and pre-existing beliefs / needs / fears / mood / etc. It's almost impossible to separate what we believe, what we need to be, and what IS. This is why it is such a vigorous point of discussion (taking the high road here).

Question: How do you determine what is right?

Answer: Measure ALL and see what is truth w/o your own bias.

Question: What happens when the measures don't reveal what you want (or think you hear)?

Answer: Research better measures OR accept that what you perceive is just that (for now) and do what you enjoy. We cannot agree as we are all different individuals with different strengths, weaknesses, AND therefore perceptions.

Question: Why do some NEED to be right?

Answer: Ask my ex.

Our audio stuff is very personal. A green shirt is never ever correct - but if you like green - wear it.

Brown shirts however should be avoided.
Empirical observations - i.e, perceptions - are a cornerstone of the scientific method. Get with the program. Deprogrammers are standing by. We perceive with our senses. I perceive the web you weave.