Balanced vs RCA between amp/preamp

Well I'm taking my first step into separate components with a Marantz SC-11s1 and SM-11s1. Would like to know about the +/-'s of using RCA vs balanced interconnects between the two. All my input sources are single ended.

I understand the Marantz components balanced connections have pin 2 wired cold and pin 3 wired hot. Does this mean I need to reverse the cables going to my speakers (if I decide to use balanced connections between amp/preamp).

I also understand the RCA connections conserve absolute polarity. But is there a performance "hit" taken by using singled ended connections between amp/preamp?

Thank you in advance......
wec56
Ricevs 8-1-2019
All balanced cables sound different from each other and that includes on Atmasphere gear.

Ric, I don’t doubt your experience. But see Ralph’s post dated 3-22-2013 near the beginning of the following thread for what I consider to be compelling proof of his contention regarding immunity to differences between balanced cables, **if** the components being connected meet the criteria he states in that post (which are not met by most high end components, as he indicates). Also see one of my follow-up questions later in that thread, and Ralph’s response, which it seems to me might account for your findings. The question I am referring to is in the last paragraph of my first post dated 3-27-2013, beginning with "Also, to eliminate interconnect cable differences is it necessary ..."

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/what-tube-pre-amp-match-up-with-a-solid-state-amp

Regards,
-- Al

Similar but different topic - I didn't want to start a thread.
I want to take my DAC RCA outputs and feed two amps (want to bi-amp my speakers).  I'm looking for a y cable that will put out the same signal rather than a left right stereo split.  

Q2: Is this a bad idea?  DAC is Qutest and has no volume control.  That is on the amps.  
Post removed 
Many owners of Atmasphere gear (amps to preamps....all balanced) have reported the same cable differences that others have reported on other balanced gear.  I wish it were true that running balanced let you use Mogami cables and nothing sounds better.....just is not true.