Is this sign of getting old?

When I was young in 1970’s, I was a fan of Carpenters, Classical music like Mozart’s requiem, Dvorak’s Cello Concerto and Fritz Wunderlich’s singing "Dichiterliebe" by Schumann.

On the other hand, I had no love for Elvis which I found too rugged.

https://youtu.be/ot4--dVHiXE

But during last 2 years, I had been fascinated by Elvis voice.

"Are you lonesome tonight" really touch my mind especially since my wife is not at home to take of her 88 years old mom.

I still like Carpenters, Classical music but add Elvis on top of it.

Is this sign of getting old?
128x128shkong78
Post removed 
Geez shk, if you thought Elvis’ voice was too "rugged" (odd word choice to describe a voice ;-), what do you think of Howlin’ Wolf? Wolf makes Elvis (and just about everyone else) sound like a p*ssy.
If it's too loud you are too old! Just kidding and playing around.
I recently turned 50☹️. As I'm writing this post I am listening to my second system I have amassed in my garage currently listening to 80s hairbands (I know not audiophile material but I still enjoy it )
However I know I'm getting old because I'm already looking forward to enjoying the cool nights of fall along with the cold of winter enjoying Bach, Vivaldi and many other classics.
Happy Listening
Mark
Interesting thread, as I am 70 and my listening tastes have expanded, yet I still embrace the songs of my youth.

I love old blues, yes I have John Lee Hooker and Howling Wolf on the playlist in my car.

Yet I have found Eva Cassidy, Chris Issac and Michelle Shocked to add to Brubeck and a wide range of symphonic music to my listening repertoire.

All that said, I am still a Duane Allman guy and early Allman Brothers Band fan.  Just bought a 6 CD set of their performances over 4 days at the Fillmore East.  A must have for a junkie like me.

Age gives perspective and also allows one to venture into new places.  I love turning my nephews on to new old music like Tull or Hocus Pocus by Focus.

I appreciate others finding Sinatra or Count Basie as their journey continues.  One thing I miss from my youth is sharing interesting “new” music with my friends.  Many bands were discovered in sessions of sharing music back in the day.
@2psyop
I love it.  As I edge close to pulling the plug I keep asking that very question over and over, but I am pleased to say that my listening habits have increased with the new upgrades to the sound system.  

Listening to a couple of Claude Bolling duet LPs tonight and they are jumping out at me!  Spectacular.  Does he have a box set someplace?