Options on Belles / Belles Aria?

Been thinking of picking up the Belle Aria integrated, as I read good things. Is it as good as the old Belles separates of yesteryear? Any guys here used to have Belles gear and moved onto something you liked better in a similar price bracket? Thanks!

128x128skystudios
I spoke with David Belles the other day about his Aria preamp, he took time to answer questions and explain his design.
Hello. 

I just purchased a used Belles 250i Integrated from another Audiogon member. I cannot begin to describe how good this thing is.  

Right now I’m listening through a pair of Maggie MMGi’s, through an Oppo CD player.  Nuttin’ fancy BUT, the Belles is so damn good.  

I’ve owned other integrateds, McIntosh, Balanced Audio Technology, Primare, and I’ve owned a slew of separates including Pass Labs, (my previous personal fave) ARC, McIntosh, Threshold, Modwright...the list goes on.  The Belles is VERY much akin to the Pass Labs sonically - I’m not missing anything here.  

I’m a fan.  

Thanks for reading.  

I have the Aria. It's a very well-built piece of gear. I find it to be a tad bright, but then again I have found that with a few SS amps.

Unlike @twoleftears I replaced the Aria in favor of a Rogue Cronus Magnum III. Still have the Aria. Part of me doesn't want to sell it. Maybe use it for a second system.

Both amps represent great quality and value, IMO.

I’ve had a Belles 22a tube hybrid preamp for 18 months.. excellent sound in every respect and when you open it up... beautifully laid out on the inside.  Attention to craftsmanship is obvious.