Cassette tape

I’m slowly but surely getting back into the analog thing via TT and Reel to Reel. We can all pretty much agree vinyl is different. Some people love it, some say it’s ok, some hate it and I say I like it because it’s differemt than digital. R2R is pretty awesome as well. In my opinion, it’s different and I like what I hear. But, what’s the thought on cassettes. Is there any usefulness? Think it'll make a comeback as well? Just curious. I have a chance at fantastic deal on a Nakamichi BX-300 deck. I owned one many years ago and besides the next level Dragon, this thing was pretty sweet. I like to get input from the forum and other thoughts before I indulge. 
128x128luvrockin
I really want a Nak, but don’t want to deal with fixing old/broken ones...Hopefully Nakamichi (or Schiit) will make a brand new one that's simple but focuses on pure sound quality
I never realized cassettes had "gone away" lol.
Always had a number of Nak and Akai decks lying around and hundreds of pre recorded tapes and quite a few home recorded ones too.

As already mentioned you can pick up cassettes at thrift stores for a quarter each or even less! Ten for a dollar one of our shops was doing!
Also if you are lucky you can find some good sealed blank media too rather than paying fleabay prices.
Found some sealed Sony and Maxell tapes lately.

Long live the humble cassette!

🎸🎷🎺🎻🎹🎶🎵🎼🔊🔉
@luvrockin .
Enjoy those 300 decks, I did have one of those but sold it when I added a 680 to the stable.
Very good machine for the money imho.

Think I paid $300 and sold it for same so at 250 you are right in the ballpark.
@uberwaltz how is the 680? I’m curious because before I bought my second 300, I was negotiating on eBay for a 680zx. It was selling for $550 and I made an offer but after the offer, the seller spooked me. After that I actually retracted my offer. He contacted me a day later with an even lower offer than my offer. I didn’t feel comfortable doin a deal with him. That’s when I found the 300 for $250. I hear the 680’s & zx’s are great decks. I also know the transport mechanism is really a different animal and hard to repair/restore if needed. That was another factor I considered during my purchase.
Tbh, I really cannot tell any difference between the 680 and my 582zx in either playback or recording ... Both are awesome ... Lol.
Agreed repair and service work on these series of decks is a bit more labour intensive but parts for the most part are still available, it's a reliable tech that's the biggest pain.
The guy I know who services R2R will not touch a cassette deck... Claims his hands are too big ...lmao!.

If you ever step up to the 580/680 series I would advise to try and find one serviced and restored, it will be less painful in the long run.

Prices have dropped a little on eBay of late, I have seen some deals on both 580 and 680 series decks.