What Sonically is the Difference between a $1,500 CD Player and a $10K-$25K One?

I realize opinions may vary, but if I could give an example of two CD players perhaps someone can give me their thoughts on the cost benefits of either one? What would be the difference in your opinion between say a Cambridge Audio Azur 851C CD Player and the Gryphon Scorpio S CD Player? And are the difference truly audible or more technical and rather indiscernible through human hearing?

In general, what makes a CD player (other than build components) 10x more costly than a decently built one other than features?
mrc4u
Just capitalist manufacturers preying on the insecure, neurotic and gullible! As the French chef says "No diffawrance"!

mrc4u

To my ears, the inherent difference between a $1500 cd player and a five-figure cd player is better detail, microdynamics,  through engineering.

Large margin here. I can report this information as I own both machines.

Comparing a $10K cd player to a $25K cd player will yield another degree of better detail, microdynamics, through engineering. Smaller margin here. This has been my aural experience via auditions over the years.

Happy Listening!

All CD players regardless of price are subject to the deleterious effects of vibration and background stray laser light. Therefore, one would be better off buying an inexpensive player and fixing those problems than simply investing beaucoup bucks on a player. There are obviously many other related issues such as interconnects, power cord, fuse, external DAC, etc.

No matter how much you have in the end you would have had even more if you had started off with more in the beginning. - old audiophile axiom
I recall a comparative test years ago between a Sony Discman and a Theta transport/DAC. A Boulder preamp/power amp were used with Quad 63's. The result: NO Difference! The French chef applauds!