What is the protocol here?

I purchased a record here on June 30 and promptly paid via PayPal. I sent a message to the seller to notify me when it shipped. This seller has stellar feedback.  I assumed the LP would ship the next day which was Monday July 1. It did not. On Tuesday morning I received a message saying the seller would be out of town for more than a week and he would either ship then or issue a refund that day.  I guess the seller had already left because my message(s) have gone unanswered.  I specifically said if it was only going to be a little over a week, then I would wait, otherwise to send a refund now.   There was no response.  It is now July 14 and still no communication.  

I am mostly irritated because the person selling the item should have stated in the ad that shipping would be delayed.  I purchased the item within an hour that the ad posted.  Am I being unreasonable here and do you agree the seller should have been up front from the start?
128x128stereo5
if we all lived in a perfect world, then you would have the item that you paid for by now.....but as you know, we dont live in a perfect world.

is there a lack of communication on this....sure there is, and maybe the seller had to leave at the last minute and didnt have time to send an email out saying that shipping would be delayed.     we have your side of the story, but I am sure that the seller has a good reason as to why the item hasnt shipped yet.

I recently paid for something and was told that it would take around 4 weeks for it to be built and shipped to me....guess what, its still not here.  is it the end of the world --- not really.   it will be here when it gets here.       i have more important things to worry about on a day to day basis vs whether an item is here or not.    

if you want.....get audiogon involved as Tammy or any of the other people that work here can send him a message  and see why shipping has been delayed.
This seller has stellar feedback.

Had. You will see to that. And that my friend is the protocol.