Our Responsibility

As my music system competes with fireworks in the background (4th of July, after 9 pm) I’ve been reflecting on John Darko’s recent post (linked below). Specifically this section:

"Being a hi-fi enthusiast isn’t about the gear we own, the music we listen to or in which format. It’s about how we listen: attentively and mindfully, to the music AND to others."

Perhaps the significance and import of this very special day in our national history has opened up a window within me, to explore this further.

I’m asking our community: What is it that we can do to share and expand our interest and hobby, and this special love of music, with others?

From Darko.Audio: https://darko.audio/2019/07/the-know-it-all-audiophile-threatens-community-expansion/
david_ten
dseltz ...

To answer your question, "The Gate" is a device that is placed into and connected to, your circuit breaker box. It will transform your system like nothing else. Go here for information:

www.perfectpathtechnologies.com

Frank
kosst_amojan
... a small clique of fanatics consistently spew their sideways, indefensible opinions ... The radical magnification of relatively nuanced things ... fervent assertions surrounding completely nonsensical snake oil "tweaks" ... radical, nonsensical, out-of-touch-with-reality garbage ... the legitimacy of flat Earth science or Church of the Subgenius theology ... you get your rocks off trying to explain reality with broken logic and pseudo-science, and would prefer to not face scrutiny ... becoming a creationist might better fulfill your needs ... Stop trying to kill this hobby and confuse new converts with idiotic claims and snake oil.
You obviously have your own sense of reality and brand of religion, and a very colorful - even bombastic - way of expressing it. Sadly for you, others are free to particpate here provided they remain within the forum rules. It’s unfortunate that this distresses you to such an extreme.

Beware the audio guru. I started that thread just for guys like you.
Post removed 
Gosh, I was wondering what all those fires 🔥 🔥 🔥 on the horizon were. They are audiophiles’ houses going up in smoke. Poor little audiophiles. Must be those audiophile fuses.