Cassette tape

I’m slowly but surely getting back into the analog thing via TT and Reel to Reel. We can all pretty much agree vinyl is different. Some people love it, some say it’s ok, some hate it and I say I like it because it’s differemt than digital. R2R is pretty awesome as well. In my opinion, it’s different and I like what I hear. But, what’s the thought on cassettes. Is there any usefulness? Think it'll make a comeback as well? Just curious. I have a chance at fantastic deal on a Nakamichi BX-300 deck. I owned one many years ago and besides the next level Dragon, this thing was pretty sweet. I like to get input from the forum and other thoughts before I indulge. 
128x128luvrockin
@bstatmeister- Long story, I bought the Nak BX-300 back in May. I never was able to use it. There were issues with it’s belts etc, either way it wouldn’t play. I also belong to a forum called Tapeheads.net and I was referred to one of the best guys in the business to restore that deck to as new condition. I contacted this guy and had a long conversation about whether or not this is worth restoring. Of course we’re going to have the ones that say, he told you what he wanted you to hear to get the business. I think not. He is backlogged a year and has decks from all over the world for repair/restoration. In other words, he didn’t need my business. Anyway, he sold me on how great the 300 is and will be when completed which should actually be in a few more weeks. He was able to get parts easily and do his magic. I am looking forward to getting it back. Here’s the kicker, I bought another BX-300 for my second system which has already been restored. I missed today’s delivery so I will receive it Monday lol! I can let you know then.
Nice! the BX-300 seems like it's the best bang for the buck Nakamichi you can get. You get yours off of Ebay? what tapes are you buying? how much are repairs? I'm Jealous!  Have fun ;)
I bought a BX-300 new from Brooks Berdan in 1985 (when he was at GNP Showcase in Pasadena), and still have it. It's been repaired once, for a plastic part whose failure is common. I can't recall what that part is, but Michael Fremer makes reference to it in the video he shot at that huge record/hi-fi store he recently visited in Florida.
@bstatmeister- The one thats in for service I bought off a guy on Facebook Marketplace. I probably paid too much for it being the fact I have to pump in more money. The deck was supposedly in great working condition. As soon as I received it and tried it out, I found out differently and new I been had but the seller did offer to take he deck back. I opted to keep it. I paid $180 for it but cosmetically it’s very nice. The repair & restoration is going to cost another $300. I have a bunch of old stock TDK SA100’s that the deck is getting biased too. Back in the day, Nak biased their decks to TDK. The 300 I’m waiting to receive from FedEx was purchased off eBay. I paid $250 for that one supposedly restored as well. If this deck isn’t in perfect working condition, it’s going back to the seller because I won’t put $300 into it after it was advertised as being in “perfect working order” and reconditioned.
@bdp24- I’m curios what part that is in the deck that’s is a common failure. I know in mine, the tech is replacing some faulty known cap issues and the motors along with the bias pot which is an issue.
my father in law has a 2000 acura with a cassette player. i love driving that car, mostly for the sound!