Dynavector XX2 mk2 vs Lyra DELOS which is better?

Hi every one I am in a bit of a analog dilemma. Just thinking of doing a cartridge upgrade but don't know which root to go. My system Is a Oracle Delphi MK3/4 with all MK6 upgrades but the motor. Paired with a SME4 tonearm feeding a music First audio Classic V2 MC step up transformer. Into a cary sip-98 phono preamp into a Cary cad 120s tube amp and totem forest speakers. I currently own a Dynavector XX2 MKII cartridge that's at the end of its life. I can get it rebuilt for $1300 CAD which isn't bad since I got the cartridge 2 hand for $350 never used haha a score. But my other dealer has a new Lyra Delos cartridge for $2600 CAD. Now I Have only heard the Dynavector since owned one before, and have never heard a Lyra. My real question is the Delos that much better then the XX2 MKII and worth the extra $1300 dollars. Or should I stick with the XX2 MKII because I am already amazed by it and pleased. Let me know your thoughts, Thanks fellow audiogon's.
128x128jakecanada
Oh no, it's one of those "better" threads.

The "better" is always the one ,others tell you about.
I agree with having Soundsmith or someone doing a re-tip on your XX2MKII. SS put a sapphire cantilever and new stylus on mine, and it came back sounding better than it did new. Then you can save for something really special in the future, if that's what floats your boat.

Dan
Lewm is correct, but from a purely financial point of view I’d certainly go with the Soundsmith option.

At the opposite end the Delos is a lovely cartridge, but obviously only a deep conference involving your own ears and your own wallet can tell you if it’s worth the additional 2000 or so CAD.