BookShelf or Floor Standing Speakers

I have previously posted regarding buying bookshelf speakers.  Bookshelf is all I have ever owned.  I prefer speakers for two channel stereo listening.  I am thinking about buying floor standing. 

Has anyone had bookshelves for stereo listening and changed to floor standing?  I am afraid to make the change.  Do you think floor standing gives a better listening experience in stereo?  Can you turn them up very loud?
Thanks
stttt
Any suggestion that stand-mounts are superior to floorstanders, or vice versa, IN ISOLATION TO CONTRIBUTING FACTORS  is a misguided fallacy. 

Everybody’s listening arena and personal bias will trump any off the cuff suggestions here.

CONTRIBUTING FACTORS IMPACTING SYSTEM (INCLUDING SPEAKER) SELECTION.

All speakers and all system electronics have their own bespoke sonic signature, = one size does not fit all.

1) Your system source(s),  the amplification, and the cables ( ALL of power cords, ICs, and speaker...)

2) Your bespoke listening arena with all its warts and limitations AND the listening room size, together, will significantly affect your listening pleasures, regardless of standmounts or floorstanders. Room treatments are important .

3) Personal  bias will usually trump many other factors. One man’s personal fave is another man’s must to avoid. 

4) Price alone and mag reviews are no assurance that new speakers will actually excel in YOUR system. System synergy matters .... full stop again. 

TAKEAWAY:

- There is no substitute for actually rolling up your sleeves, doing your own research and investing in actual auditions. Forging a relationship with a quality high-end dealer assistance is a good start.  

There are many standmounts that can best floorstanders and vice versa.... There is no “best”.... full stop. 
@akg_ca , +1

@OP,
Going to floor standers will require more space for positioning.
Is that something you have?
The best part of a floorstander is the additional cabinet volume that will enhanced lower frequency reproduction (among other things).
As akg pointed out, you really need to audition as many manufacturers as possible and find a speaker that 'speaks' to you.
Bob
Thanks guys.  You are correct that I need to listen to floor mounts.   I do have the room for them.  The bass is what interests me most of floor vs let's call it bookshelf or full range bookshelf.  I don't need earth shaking bass, but enough to play lows.  Mostly acoustic stuff.
A lot depends on how in love you are with your current speakers- especially if what you are mostly looking for is better/deeper bass. Floor standers will probably give you that, but not by a huge amount because there will still be only two of them. When it comes to bass what matters more than anything is having at least four widely spaced sources. So you may want to consider adding four subs, also known as a distributed bass array, or Swarm in this case. https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/audiokinesis-swarm-subwoofer-system/

But if you are not that in love then you just need to do what you already know and search out as many contenders as you can find to audition.