Where are Conicident Speaker Technology electronics made ?

Where are Conicident Speaker Technology electronics made ?
rost
Hi all, and especially @charles1dad   

I certainly don't want to contribute to the negativity around here, but I do think that people need to be aware of the Coincident issues.  As noted above, I've been lied to multiple times by Mr. Blume.  I want to love the company based on owning the gear (I still do), but it's difficult when you get lied to and charged double for replacement parts. 

When my used PREs were damaged in shipping, I eventually had to ship them to Coincident for full repair.  $5k later (paid by the seller since since they underinsured), I got them back and eventually a midrange driver failed.  I was charged double for the accuton driver and when I went to install it, discovered that a capacitor lead was stuck to back of the black anti-resonance cutout.  That metal had been vibrating on the driver and the entire surface of the ceramic was pitted like the moon.  When I told Isreal, he claimed that having a two inch metal piece vibrating on the back would a) have no effect on the sound, and b) could not have contributed to the failed driver.  That was "accuton's issue" and they have horrible, arrogant customer service.  My cost to fix.  In fairness, I will note that I had a forced one-year move, so it'd been a year since the original fix.  Of course the only way a capacitor lead could get stuck in that cabinet was during original damage or repair, but that didn't matter at all, instead I just got charged an additional $1450 for a "custom driver."  

I guess people have to make money. 

Again, I think the gear sounds great.  And fortunately the designs/circuits are relatively straightforward, so any competent local tech should be able to repair.  And if something goes out on a speaker, you can just pull  the driver and order a replacement yourself, so I don't think the gear needs to be avoided.  And finally, I don't care at all if it is made in China.  

Not trying to contribute to the negativity, but the truth is the truth.  
@charles1dad Regarding AS's review pieces, I don't know that he purposefully gets different pieces, but you can see his Franks' stock caps here:  http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-Frankenstein.html.  He's got a Solen FEP/SN coupling cap and a Solen SCR FEP decoupling cap.  My newer Franks (made in 2015) had significantly lower value Solens in both positions.  Either AS gets better parts or over time Blume has started using lower quality parts in the amps, who knows.  

Also, please hang in there through the general negativity on the site.  I miss the older days, but you're such a great resource to this place.  Despite the above issues, I'm so happy that you have recommended Coincident gear, your ears have so improved my music experience.  Sorry again for contributing to the negative atmosphere, I just think people should know the truth of the situation.  
@bigkidz wrote I am just wondering when people say built like a tank or great build quality what do they actually mean? Are they familiar with audio designs? Do they make their own equipment? Just how do they know this? What makes a great design or build quality in their opinion?
I've never built a car, but through ownership of various vehicles,  I can appreciate the level of workmanship, engineering and technology associated with my Mercedes. 
Look, it’s not the transparent, clear critical comments made by brownsfan that I complain about; it is the folks who go way out of bounds to insult, fabricate, embroider their negative view of people or products. Clearly, Coincident is one of the better amps period at reasonable cost. Anecdotally and coincidentally I have noticed that designers and dealers that provide excellent bang for buck products seem, to me, to come in for especially harsh treatment on Audiogon. Deal at Primaluna, Eric of Tekton, Teajay as reviewer. Some of the folks who come on threads clearly have agendas that are extremely suspect. Best, mikirob

@brownsfan - I understand completely.  In building components the PTP wiring does look messy but the sound is much better when we did the comparisons.  On the PLUS side, if you keep things long term, there are no circuit boards that tend to cause issues over time.  PLUS I can install large caps, etc. for better sound quality.  You can see some of what we do under my member name and stuff here on Agon.

I have heard the issues with dealing with the owner of Coincident from a few dealers and owners.  But that is a small sample and I do not have first hand knowledge.  For the build quality, I have modified the preamp and amps, they are decent quality for the price point and as long as the owners enjoy the sound, then that is what counts.

Happy Listening.