My beloved CDP finally bit the dust

Time for a  new front end.The laser and transport mechanism was designed as an entire unit,easily replaceable in my Vincent S6.Except the unit is no longer available.I've enjoyed it for the past nine years and I will miss it terribly.
I've got a Cambridge CXC along with a Parasound Zdac v2 on the way as a replacement.I don't stream,just enjoy physical media for now.Both are returnable if one or both don't work out.I didn't want to spend $$$ an end up in the same situation a few years down the road.I could up the budget but I'm not sure it's necessary.I'm hoping for a similar smooth sound with detail that's not harsh.
So what do you guys and gals think?Am I on the right track?My other components are LTA MZ2,Aric Audio Transcend Push Pull amp,Tekton Impact Monitors,four subs.Blues and rock,acoustic and electric is my preference for music.Any suggestions for 'plan B' components are welcome.
128x128jtcf
I've got a Cambridge CXC

Keep the Cambridge CXC it’s a great transport with extremely low jitter, and get hold of a better dac than the Zdac, maybe even one with remote volume control and bypass the manual Transcends one.

Cheers George
I haven't heard the dac yet.The Vincent was tubed so my hope is to put something together that sounds as good or better.Analog like.The simpler the better.We'll see how it goes in a couple of days.
I'm in a similar situation, as my CDP has been dying a very slow death. I, too, am thinking of the Cambridge transport, but have been looking at the oddly named Denafrips Ares DAC, mostly based on a recent review in CNet from Steve Guttenberg, a reviewer whose ears I've come to trust.

If interested, read here:
https://www.cnet.com/news/this-digital-converter-sounds-so-good-it-might-convert-lp-loving-audiophil...

I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger, but I've been leaning that way.

Best of luck.

-- Howard

@hodu  thank you for the link!That review describes exactly  the sound I'm looking for.There are just so many dacs to choose from nowadays and we can't really try them all:)The parasound hasn't garnered much attention but from what I've managed to dig up it may share some of the same positive qualities with the Denafrip.I'll let you know in a few days.
Opportunity here mate.  Ditch a new CDP and join the realm of server.  Bluesound 2.  You will never turn back.