The Absolute Sound "review" of USB cable reads suspiciously like a press releaste

I mean c'mon—can't you even throw in a few according-to-the-manufacturer's?

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/nordost-purple-flare-usb-cable/?mc_cid=1f41b2b3b4&mc_ei...
john_g
@dynaquest4 

Your broad pronouncements of what others should do seem presumptuous to me.  Rather than living in the world of "shoulds", I would recommend you try the realm of "ears on" experience and try some cables to hear the difference (or not) for yourself.  Experience trumps "theory", IME. 

I'm an engineer, and I would have sworn that all of this cable nonsense just shouldn't, just couldn't make a difference.  But sometimes when I have tried them there was absolutely no doubting the differences and the musical improvements in my system.  Reluctantly, I have put some serious money into wire, and my ears are glad I did.  That's my experience.  You just cannot beat trying something yourself, rather than simply accepting conventional wisdom.
My "broad pronouncement" represents my opinion, based, over the years, on many disappointments.  Recently replaced the Kimber Kables to my main speakers because they were not long enough in our new home.  Spent about (oh, my god) $35.00 with Monoprice.  Result: the new cables reach, look good (what you can see of them) and no noticible difference in SQ.  As expected.
Nothing succeeds like success and failure’s no success at all.

Lead, follow or get out of the way.