Real world life expectancy of a high end cartridge?

While I know they’re supposed to last 1000 hours how many make it all that way?  

Question prompted by my brushing a knuckle on my AS Palladian this afternoon and trashing it ... lesson learned not to try tonearm adjustments without full access to the table (normally I move the table off the wall shelf to a more convenient location to make adjustments, but not this time 😬)

And doesn’t it just happen that the cost of a recipe/trade is exactly my deductible so even insurance is no help 😲

Anyway just needed to vent ... but anyone playing with these expensive baubles better be prepared to reup on a replacement at any moment 🤪
128x128folkfreak
I'm at ~1200 hrs with my Benz Wood SL, and while it still sounds lovely overall, I MAY be imagining slight distortions where there wasn't before.  It certainly isn't obvious, but is enough to have me thinking for a retip, rebuild, or a brand new cart...
The other annoying thing is about the stylus guard that came with this cart. It was so flimsy and poorly designed that I was so scared of damaging the cart trying to put it on I never used it -- if it had been a better designed one I'd have had it on, and this would never have happened. 
I also use the Elizabeth method. Learned about it (possibly from Elizabeth) many years ago.  Click counter on my Ortofon Jubilee shows just over 4,100 sides, and the cart. still sounds good.  My rule of thumb for clicking - any side played over 1/3rd merits a click, as does each side of a 45 rpm 12" disc. 

I've got a dealer demo Ortofon Cadenza Blue waiting in the wings when the Jubilee is retired.
Post removed 
Elizabeth, Have you ever done a side by side comparison?  One with Stylast and one without?  Of course, you'd have to own two identical cartridges.