Speakers better than Revel Salon 2

In all my searching of speakers the ones that keep coming up as a gold standard for great sound are the Revel Salon 2. They are also 10 years old so I figure there are speakers that are better. I propose 4 tiers of suggestions (common used price or msrp):

1) Speakers that are in the same ballpark price of the Salon 2. Say $10-20k.
2) Speakers that are more pricey: $20-50k
3) Speakers that are very pricey: $50k-$100k
4) Eye twitch Speakers: $100k+

Please only make suggestions if you have heard the Salon 2 yourself. Thanks!
smodtactical
I have a pair of the relatively inexpensive Focal Aria 926's. With faux walnut wrap, $2350. New Focal tweeter, smoother than their last one from what I am told, Flax drivers and glass too. Excellent sounding speakers, very musical and over 90db efficiency. I have a sub, but you almost don't need one with enough amp. I have heard the 936's are a tad better in the low end and I woukd believe it. If I knew that the new Aria line was this giod, Ibwoukd have popped for the 936's. Eithee way you can't go wrong. My favorite speakers in this price range are the Joseph Audio's RMS 25XLs and these are close. JA is pretty pricey nowadays but if you can find some of their older models grab'em. Focal did a great job on this Aria line, alotta speaker for the money.
I personally owned the Revel Salon 2
I truly believed that I found the ultimate speakers ever. A friend at a local audio store came by to help me set them up in the best listening position for my room dynamics.
My gear:
McIntosh C2600 preamp.
KRELL 302e amplifier
Chord Dave dac
Chord m-scaler
ELAC streamer w/ Roon
of course all the best cables (personal preference)
As we were listening he said he had a pair of speakers that would blow them away musically.
I was like NOOOOOO WAY!!!
In my opinion there was no speaker in that price range that was gonna beat my Revel Salon 2 speakers. No way!!!
I told my friend to prove it. I said to bring these super speakers that were less than half the price to my home for a side by side comparison. We were gonna settle this once and for all.
The next week he showed up with these retro looking speaker (something from my era. The 70’s 😄)
Just one 15" speaker is gonna blow mine away? Hahaha not a chance.
I cant wait to see his face covered in envy as his jaw drops to the floor crying because his fantasy of his speakers destroying mine have failed! MUWAHAHAHA!!!
Well he was right. Trying every source of material and positioning the speakers in many different places. We tried and tried and tried it was as clear as night and day that his speakers blew away my Revel Salon 2 speakers 😭
He was the one with the smile and I was the one with Envy and crying! Lol
Don’t take my word for it take a listen for yourself and you will see what I’m talking about. If you want true musicality and the best sounding speakers for $8,000 a pair then you must give the Tannoy Ardens a listen.
I immediately put my Revel Salon 2 speakers up for sale I bought a pair of these and I have been the happiest I’ve ever been since. I even had enough money left over to buy better cable for my complete system. What a deal and what a find. 😌❤

Yes the Revel Salon 2's are superb speaker--frankly they are far better than they should be--just that Revel speakers have never risen above the ok to very good--

The Salon 2's raise the bar--Kudos

If I was to pitch them with some competition they would be

Tidal Piano Diacera
ProAc Carbon 8's
Vanderstein 5 Carbons
Verity Sarastro II

And I believe the Revels would be up there in that exalted company!

team212
If you are looking for a pair of Ushers I have the BE20Ds with GR Research upgraded crossovers which sound fabulous and will be up for sale as I just got in replacements which cost more than 2x more to beat the Ushers. At <$10K marginally used they are a steal IMO.
I believe the Revels have a low sensitivity which may explain why they sound different in various systems.

ozzy