Re-tipped phono cartridges

I noticed a lot of ads for re-tipped phono cartridges are suggesting this is an improvement over the original. I respectfully disagree. Regardless of the new stylus the integrity of the original design has been compromised. Think of it as a fine Italian automobile with a blown engine. It can be fixed but is it ever truly the same?
dreadhead
I've had Andy Kim retip my Clearaudio Virtuoso.  Not because the stylus was worn, but because I broke the cantilever.  I hate Clearaudio's design, the cantilevers stick out way in front of the cart.  I couldn't detect any difference in sound and was very happy with the results. 

I have also had my Van Den Hul MC Two retipped.  In that case, it was retipped and the suspension replaced by AJ Van Den Hul himself.  Pretty close to getting a new cartridge from the master at about 25% of the cost of getting a new one.
@chakster 

What camera, please? I too would like to monitor my stylus in as much detail as your 'MicroRidge' image.

Thanks!
hey @terry9  the camera is iPhone with additional analog Macro Lens added right on the iPhone body, there are many available and all of them are very cheap, probably under $20, i got mine for free from a friend and it's no name lens (mounted with magnet or bracket). 

The key factor is natural light.