New Technics vs. old

If you have a vintage Technics turntable in good working order, is it still worth it to purchase  one of the new 1200 models that get such good reviews?
boofer
If you own SP-10 mkIII in a good working order then you don't need any new Technics turntable. I think with SP-10 mkII nobody needs new GR. 

For the price of G or GAE there are so many absolutely amazing vintage Direct Drive turntables and tonearms on the used market. 

It's a matter of taste, personally i don't like the visual part of the new 1200 series, because i've been using an old 1200 series for 20 years. But for people looking for simplicity this is the best choice. 

I prefer vintage Direct Drive turntables and vintage high-end tonearms
I’ve taken several steps up from the barbaric SL-1200mk2, to the ultra-refined SL-1700mk2. It’s not quite what the SP-10mk3 with a nice arm would be, but it’s leaps and bounds ahead of the new pseudo-semi-auto unit or the SL-1200mk7 or G or GAE. 
Dear @boofer : In January 23 of this year you made almost the same question and in that thread you received several answers that gave you almost all what any one could needs to cope perfectly your questions.

Makes no sense to repeat " same " thread today ! ! ? ? ? I think that you have to make your self work and at least try to listen the the new models but after almost 5 months you did not ! !.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Sleepwalker, As far as I can determine, the SL1700mk2 is one version of the old original SL1200, and even the SL1700 dates back to the early 1980s.  I guess it is different from the original SL1200 and most of its descendants in that it offers semi-auto operation.  Same goes for the SL1200mk7, which can still be purchased new, in that it too is in the same family with the old original SL1200 line.  None of those turntables are in the same league with the latest SL1200G, GAE, or GR.  The latter have a much better motor, better chassis', better platter, tonearm, etc., compared to any of the earlier models.

I can't see how the SL1700mk2 and the "barbaric" SL1200mk2 would be qualitatively different from one another, except in terms of extraneous features.  It is indeed unfortunate that Technics chose to preserve the outward physical appearance of the old SL1200 line and to keep using the "SL1200" naming system, when they introduced the G, GAE, and GR, but there's no need to confuse the OP, nevertheless.  Yes, the GAE, GR, and G would be highly recommended.