Dynaudio Special 40 or OLD Dynaudio Focus 160?

I'm eyeing on either of these models, I've listened to Focus 110 sometimes ago, the high came out from the tweeters is very very charming, mid sound just right to the point and sweet, bass most probably could have be the concern where I feel drum music a bit stiff to hear. Any opinions? I intend to drive it with a Class D Audio SDS-470C power amp, signal from a DAC pre Fostex HP-A3.
128x128wim1983
Aside for increased bass response how did you find the mid-range between the two. Was the Dynaudio on par with the Harbeth? How about the imaging? Plan on pulling the trigger within a few days so hope to hear back. Thanks
I found the overall presentation was better on the dyn 40's, and of course that is my gear, my room and my music.

I liked the Harbeth, but I am now very glad I did not get them. On the times I want to listen to classic rock a big chunk of it was missing in action on the harbeths.
^^^And I completely disagree!I have lived with the Harbeth Monitor 30.1 driven by KT88/12AX7/12AU7 tubes long enough now to know they can ROCK out with the best!UFO,Thin Lizzy,Zepp you name it,NOTHING is lacking to my hearing.I don’t understand how anyone,in the right room,can want more from a speaker.I also clearly hear the difference between the Dynaudio & Harbeth which,to my ears is a plasticky veil on Dynaudio S40’s & below(haven’t heard higher models)that the Harbeth doesn’t have.Clearly the sound has an Electrostatic clarity the Dynaudio doesn’t have & they sound so much like my Planar Magnetic headphones it’s sometime scary.
I have been reading professional reviews of both speakers & some have eluded to midbass muddiness from cabinet resonance that Dynaudio tried & failed to voice out.Harbeth however,with the BBC voicing makes use of these resonances & I suspect that is the difference I hear.
End Game Speaker:Harbeth Monitor 30.1/30.2 in a smallish/medium treated room YES..
Dynaudio S40 in same room,MAYBE,if you never hear anything like Planar Magnetic headphones or speakers then no you will hear the difference.Also look at the gently used pricing,S40’s going for as low as $1750.00 so a big $ hit if you buy new & don’t like them.You will pay from about $3250.00-$3500.00 for a mint pair of 30.1's or about $4750.00 for mint 30.2’s & not lose a single $ on resale if you don’t like them.