Selling Advice

Hi!   I'm new to Audiogon, and I would appreciate any advice you guys can give me to help me sell my sound system.
I looked for a thread on this topic but couldn't find it, so I apologize if this has been asked and answered.
I have a system consisting of: Parasound amp (5250 v1) and preamp (7100 7.1), three in-room Triad Gold front mini-monitor speakers, two Triad Bronze rear speakers, a Triad Silver 12" powered sub-woofer, Denon player, remotes, cables, etc.
The set is about 11 years old and in excellent physical and working condition.
Now the questions:
- Am I better off selling this set as one system, or as individual components?
- If the former, can that be done on Audiogon? (I got the impression that this site is designed for individual components, but am not sure)
- Should I offer to ship, or local pick-up only?
Thanks much!!
Sergio
sedelstein
Selling systems is pretty difficult it's much easier to sell each component separately.
People usually sell high end stuff in this site unless they are selling digital amps.
The components are typically sold individually but are sometimes bundled (rare). They expect you to pack in original boxes otherwise you better be clear on packaging and be very good at it.
Be careful with shipping costs it’s typically more expensive than you think, and once you agree on a negotiated price it’s not fair to go back and ask for more.
The gear should be in excellent and working condition. Rate it honestly, some of these guy take more pride in their amp than their teeth.
Expect that most are fair and honest and do look at feedback and leave it. It’s a hobby for most and I try to build some rapport and get to know the buyer or sellers story or likes. Some are stone cold and don’t make the hobby fun so don’t deal with them or raise the price by 30%
Have fun and remember shipping and insurance is where you loose the most on these items. Don’t care too much or you will stress and the hobby becomes lame.
Local pickup works but limits your reach. Don’t get frustrated with low ballers they will try just say no thanks but I’ll let you know if I change my mind. Believe people are good.
If you don’t want to hassle with individual sale and shipping, I recommend Craigslist. Advertise as a package deal and stick with Cash and Carry terms.