I need opinions, Schhit Freya+ and an appropriate Amp

I have read good things about Schiit’s Freya Pre amp. I am building a "not to expensive" 2 channel system. Have already purchased speakers, Klipsch Forte III’s..... love em!I am considering Shiits "Class A Like" Aegir amp, either one at 20 watts per or 2 at 80 watts per.....in monoblock.

The other thing I am considering is going with tubes and looking at a Rogue 90 or a Rogue Atlas Magnum amp.
Does anybody have opinions based in fact or experience but I am no looking to purchase anything ridiculously expensive or in need of a complete overhaul. And interestingly I came across a pair of Rogue Monoblock 120’s which looked interesting!
So let loose and advise...lastly, I have not heard anything yet and am currently driving my Klipsch with a 45 year old Marantz 1038B and it sounds fabulous......call me a plebian!
128x128eag618
I like Line Magnetic Audio tube amps, but Rogue integrated amps sound very good.
I will play devil's advocate here. 1st and foremost, I am an old time Klipsch Heritage fan boy, Klipsch Heritage expert, and a retired audio consultant, whatever...….I know Klipsch ( the Forte II was marketed as a Heritage model after it's release ). I understand you want to spend money, likely the same amount, on electronics, as you have on the Forte IIIs. You say it sounds " fabulous " now. So many folks I know, do not feel their systems sound fabulous, as they are always looking for the next upgrade, so, you are off to a good start ( and some of these folks have much more $'s invested than you will have ). Of all of the older Japanese made receivers ( the ones with the dial tuners, as yours ), Marantz is the best in sq ( sound quality ), and, actually sound good with Klipsch. My 1st question : Are the Forte III's set up in their optimum position, and, in relation to your listening seat ? 2nd : Do you hear any room acoustic issues in your room, typically, nasty reflections, or, bass sloppiness ? 3rd : Based on the music genre preferences you have, as well as volume levels you want to achieve ( you have not stated either ), what " more " are you looking for ? In other words, what improvements in sq are you looking for ? What are your sources ( lps, cds, streaming, etc ) ? For me, this will be a good start in helping you. Enjoy ! MrD.
Mr.D, The Marantz receiver I have does sound good and the speakers are as close to optimally set up as I can given restraints of the room.
I am looking for that 3 dimensional soundstage to completely fill my 12X13.6 room, I here no reflections and the bass is taught and not sloppy.
The receiver i think is on her last legs, have had her since the mid 70's been recapped and serviced about 8 years ago and I am getting a weak left channel intermittently...and no remote.
It's time to replace with something hi value, great sound and newer technology.
I run primarily Blue Node and vinyl, classic rock, vocals, acoustic and techno are my fave's
So there ya go, do you think the Schiit is the way to go, I need to keep it around $2000 and have considered a few initegrated's but like the tube sound.
If you have efficient speakers, I would go with the Aegirs - Class A like. Also heard good things about the STA 200
I have not heard the Aegirs, but I own 2 STA 200s, which drive my several pair of Klipsch exceptionally well ( drives all my other speakers as well ). I do have many other amplifiers as well. I have also gone passive, as a preamp no longer makes sense to me, but this is a questionable area of direction for each individual. What else you can do, is to vertically, passively biamp the Forte IIIs, where one amp drives one speaker ( each of the same 2 stereo amps run the woofers and horns separately ). Incredible. Of course, you can also go the tube route ( been there, done that ). Klipsch and tubes are fantastic. As a retiree, I like simple, and solid state. I leave my gear on continuously, and enjoy, without worries of tube replacement, biasing, and, ime, noise and colorations. Tubes add color, and nothing wrong with that, if that is what you like. I hope this helps, although, I have been known to confuse folks. Enjoy ! MrD.