Opinions and recommendations on active loudspeakers

May need to downsize soon and this seems to be the way to go. Just want to know if anyone thinks this is also the way to go. Also would like some thoughts on which models are worth looking into. Thanks Everyone!!!!!
seadogs1
Those JBL wireless speakers about the size of a can of redbull is probably as close to hi end as the upcoming generation is going to get. I've had 7 pair of full range highly regarded speakers pass through my listening room in the last 5 years all passive and component matching was a legitimate issue. I had the salon 2's for about a year and sold them because I couldn't afford to go down the amplifier upgrade path. With active speakers especially complex, high end speakers at least component matching has been taken care of and we know going in exactly how much the system will cost once complete that placement and room treatments are the only variables left. Being an audiophile on a budget I need to know final cost going in and buying passive speakers is a gamble!
Don't underestimate the upcoming generation. Probably much smarter than we and will not be fooled as easily by the "tweaking" audio industry.