What is trully important?

So I read about all these expensive bits of gear here and I have some thoughts. In the world of large money bands and their touring where individual seats can cost well north of 5G is there any sort of restriction on equipment they can buy? I don't think so and they want fidelity. What do recording studios use for session recordings? Is the idea of true to life important and what do you use to get there? Does real life reproduction matter or is some sort of electronic pure tonal thing the most important even though you will never hear that in live venues.
  I am fascinated by the amount of money spent that the pros never spend to get results and the pros are a purely result driven group.
mahlman
Was just reading an article by Floyd Toole here:
https://www.audioholics.com/room-acoustics/room-reflections-human-adaptation
He points out that a recording studio, control room and living room are very different animals.

but ultimately, you are buying for pleasure and personal satisfaction. You need to know your own gut and heart first, then you will know what to buy for.
"but ultimately, you are buying for pleasure and personal satisfaction. You need to know your own gut and heart first, then you will know what to buy for."
  I can certainly agree with that.
Who ever said that the “pros” have any idea what they are listening to? Those guys from the 60s who really knew what they were doing are long gone. What we are after is the realistic and satisfying reproduction of a musical performance in a home setting. Which can be totally ruined by what many of these guys do. All this has very little to do with the enjoyment of music. I’ll take music any way I can get it. Yes, I prefer to listen at the highest possible fidelity. But, that is usually not available. As long as I can tap my foot I am a happy guy.
The highest possible fidelity is not a subjective target. It is a poorly defined objective one. Anyone hearing a first class reproduction will jump to the same conclusion. Wow, that sounds like they are really in the room etc. You know it when you hear it. The enjoyment of music is an altogether different subject. 
Post removed